Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20th ANNUAL VALLEY OF THE SUN QUILTING RETREAT Feb 24-27-2022   News and Announcements

Started Oct-29 by KSCarolyn; 19964 views.
YDritch

Nov-5

keddykat75 said:

but we are moving to Henderson, NV in January

I don't know....one year you got married; this year you're moving....I'm beginning to think you just don't want to come to retreat!  Seriously, Henderson is a neat place.  Close to the bright lights but not in the middle of the craziness.  We have friends who live there and have visited a few times.  Best of luck with the new job and digs.  Selling your current lovely home should be a (profitable) breeze!

I was really looking forward to seeing you at retreat. You will be missed.

keddykat75

Nov-5

I know, I know, life gets in the way. I wish I could come. 

keddykat75

Nov-5

I was looking forward to seeing you too. 

bornblesse2

Nov-5

Oh wow Kathi!  Lots goin* on for you guys!

are the kids all doing well?

keddykat75

Nov-5

Yes they are doing well.  None of them will be moving with us.  My middle DD is having a baby in April.  That was a surprise but she is excited now. I just hope it all turns out ok for her. It is hard to do that alone. She is up in Wyoming with her dad and sisters. My boys are here in Utah and doing good. 

LABFIEND

Nov-5

Omg, number two son lives in north Las Vegas, maybe we can get together next time we go to Vegas, which probably won't be for a year, since we were just out there!!

keddykat75

Nov-5

I would love that!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Nov-5

keddykat75 said...

Can you believe that it has been almost two years since we moved?  We are selling most everything and will put the rest in storage until we lazed in a house there. We are looking forward to losing the winters. 

No!  It seems like just a few months ago.  I can understand about the winters.

keddykat75 said...

when do you plan on being in Colorado full time?

We are still in the design phase for the house so I expect it still will be 2 or 3 years with permits and other things we have to have done.  We did get agreement with the power company to move and above ground power line.  It spans our property through nearly the middle to take power to the neighbor south of us.  We don't get power off of it and we asked for it to be moved to along the property line between us.  We are still awaiting news to see when they will actually do the work.  We just received our 2nd draft of the house design yesterday and it is much closer to what we would prefer.  The sewing space is still large room so we are cutting out scale "paper dolls" of the various sub-spaces I will have in there like longarm footprint. work station, cutting station and sitting/visiting area.  DH keeps wanting bigger but I don't want it to be too oversized!

lppenguins

Nov-5

Oh my. That’s scary, hopefully they can put you on a 90 day refill situation, like my sister’s dr does so she doesn’t have to come in as often. She’s 64 and 3 mos.