Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Scrappy   General Discussion

Started Nov-8 by viola (sissly4); 424 views.
viola (sissly4)

Nov-8

I saw this on Pinterest and this one is really Scrappy

I REALLY like that one, Viola!  

viola (sissly4)

Nov-8

I have meant to say I made that one but that's where I got my idea was on Pinterest

latterberry

Nov-9

I love your scrappy quilt!  Bold and bright and sure to be loved by some lucky recipient.  I can spend way to much time on Pintrest.

viola (sissly4)

Nov-9

Lynne since you love to travel by yourself have you heard of Fancey Gap in VA? Check it out www.fancygappottery.com 

They are right off of I-77.It will take two days to look what they have.I want to go next summer to celebrate my big number that is coming up.I also have a cousin that move to west va this past summer so I can visit them also. They have a lot of panel's.There material is pretty cheap.

latterberry

Nov-9

Well, shoot and double darn!!!  I spent the first week in Oct in VA and WVA and spent the night in Hillsville, Va which is only 15 minutes from Fancy Gap!  I remember seeing a sign to it.  When you get out there, check out Floyd VA --about 45 minutes north of there.  It has School House fabrics where they took an old school house and have it full of fabric and notions.  

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/virginia/schoolhouse-fabrics-floyd-va/ 

I did the Skyline Drive then went on up to Harpers Ferry Which was absolutely wonderful.  So much history if you are interested.  I was going through WVA on the way home and was doing good until I got into an accident on the interstate going through Charleston.  Too long of a story to go into, but needless to say I was quite rattled.  The Good Lord was my copilot--no one was hurt and I was still drivable and the police officers were already there because of a previous accident.  Won't stop me from going again.

viola (sissly4)

Nov-9

Well you can come again next summer maybe we can meet up there do you have something else maybe planned for next summer where you going to go

latterberry

Nov-10

I will do that.  I usually start planning in about August and it will be out that way.  I just love the Appalachian mountains.