Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Christmas projects   General Discussion

Started Nov-19 by NanaSuz; 417 views.
NanaSuz

Nov-19

Hi Everyone,

I watched the Donna Jordan tutorial that was new this morning. She made a very cute Christmas pillow. Got me wondering about this group and how you are coming with Xmas projects?

It's hard to believe it is that time of year already. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

NanaSuz

Her pillows would be even better if she would fix those pointy corners!  JMO, don'tcha know?

NanaSuz

Nov-21

Juliet, I guess she was trying to show that even "professionals" need to be careful with their stitching. Are you working on anything special for Christmas?

My big project is a quilt for my grand daughter. She is graduating this year and plays the flute in the band. I made her a quilt with flute fabric from Spoonflower.

What are some of the others in this group working on for Christmas? 

Nana Suz

Contraryqltr

Nov-22

I'm making fabric ornaments (stars) and crocheting tops on holiday towels to hang in the kitchen on the over door.  Kohl's had their 2 pk of holiday kitchen towels on sale and I cut them in half & can get 4 gifts out of one pk, which, on sale, was around $3.50-$4.00.  I'm trying to make everything this year instead of getting stuck like last year waiting for orders that come after Christmas!! 

I'm making aprons for a few friends and table runners for others.  Also putting together memory books thru Walgreen's, which prints right in the store for in person pick up (last year I used their mail service for a memory book and it came in MARCH!!!).  These will be for the grandchildren.

I moved this year in June, and everything got pretty much put in the basement willy-nilly, so I am not even sure what I have - I shop throughout the year so I probably have everything - just a matter of finding it!

And may you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Mary in Michigan

NanaSuz

Nov-23

Mary,you sound like a busy beaver. I love your Christmas ideas on top of moving!!!!

We moved into a condo several years ago and I'm still hunting for things that I remember having at some point.

By the way, I am from Ohio and I know how cold it can get in Michigan in the Upper Peninsula. We have family there.

You have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

NanaSuz