Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Happy Thanksgiving    General Discussion

Started Nov-25 by Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto); 1237 views.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. All of you stay safe and hope you get to spend the day with loved ones.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Suze (casuzenn)

Nov-25

Happy Thanksgiving!

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump,

May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump,

May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize,

May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.

judyinohio

Nov-25

Thanks Ami.  We have DS and family here for the first time in two years and it's busy, busy. Happy but annoying because my hearing aids are not good enough for this soft-spoken family.

judyinohio

Nov-25

Lovely thought.

At this age, I don't care.  LOL

latterberry

Nov-26

I am so glad your crew from out east were home for the holiday! I bet it was so wonderful to see them if not hear them that well.  The girls must be quite the young ladies now.  I had hearing problems too.  I can hear just fine--can even hear my neighbor's phone ring when I'm outside, but get me in a crowded room with lots of chatter and that is a whole different story.  Ten people chatting away in a small living room and I had trouble.  My one granddaughter talks quietly and mumbles so I heard very little when I asked her what she wanted for Christmas.

judyinohio said:

Happy but annoying because my hearing aids are not good enough for this soft-spoken family.

Yes, that is very annoying for me too! 

judyinohio

Nov-26

Sandy (and Lynne, also), what is it with these fancy hearing aids that do not work with soft-spoken young adults? It is so frustrating that it almost brings tears to my eyes.

Makes me feel like I have wasted all that $$ when I miss out on so much of the conversation around the dinner table.

Ah, well, here are the old fogeys with their first year college students who were willing to smile for the camera in between feasting and peering at their laptop computers. The twins have final exams during the week after their Thanksgiving break.

judyinohio said:

Makes me feel like I have wasted all that $$ when I miss out on so much of the conversation around the dinner table.

I totally agree!  The girls look great.  I wish the both of them well on their finals. I 

aww, what great picture.  Here is my gang.  I'm sitting next to my cousin (my dad's oldest brother's oldest son).  Next to him is his DIL (a quilter), above her is her husband.  The tall skinny young men are their 3 sons.  Coleman is on the far right, Marion next to Ronnie who is above me.

We also took cousin & pet pictures, but the cats didn't want to join in.

CC (ccase5)

Nov-26

I was out of power all day Thanksgiving along with three thousand other customers. I still can't find out what happened. So many Thanksgiving dinners ruined. and families, visitors, etc were inconvenienced too. Life here is odd at times. we seem to be on the wrong end of the electrical "stick" most times. I want to move!! But where tooooo?
luckily for my son, he ate at his in-laws!