Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

little Christmas tree idea   General Discussion

Started Dec-10 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 938 views.

I saw these on FB and thought they were awfully cute.  I don't have room for a big tree in my sewing room, but I do have an extra in the closet, and lots of spools.  I think I'm going to try using just the top section of the extra one (I used to take it to work) and try putting it up where Ranger can't get to the spools.

CC (ccase5)

Dec-10

those are so cute! if you had lots of empty spools, you could put colors on them to look like thread. those may have that. I wouldn't sacrifice my spools with good thread. I have a small fabric tree a friend stuffed and sent me many years ago. bows on ends of branches. i drape string beads around it.

Very cute for your sewing room. Yup male sure that thread is kept away from Ranger.

I have a jar of old wooden spools I was given that I was going to use.  But they can't have any loose threads or my cat will eat them.  stupid cat!

judyinohio

Dec-10

The small white tree with the colorful spools of thread is really a delight. Thanks for sharing that photo. 

(Would something like clear spray shellac or varnish take care of your thread-addicted monster's bad habit of snacking on spools?  Or plan ahead for next year by taking a razor blade to the spools with thread, cutting off the threads and painting the spools .... )

• Edited December 10, 2021 9:47 pm  by  judyinohio
MelRN

Dec-11

Maybe just paint them to look like thread on them?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-11

Cute trees.  Reminds me that I wanted to get a small tree for my sister who hasn't been able to decorate for Christmas for years.  We are helping her move into a better place and get all set up.  Having lunch with her on Wednesday.  I have time to fix one before then. 

Midkid5

Dec-11

Cathy, you have been such a good sister dealing with your siblings goings on the last couple of years, Hope there is someone to step up if you need assistance.

Jo

Ranger only seems to bother when there are loose threads waving.  I made sure all the tails were secured and trimmed them short.  He doesn't seem to care about tree ornaments - I'm lucky.

Dee that looks cute. Maybe Ranger just enjoys the look!