Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

60 quilts   General Discussion

Started 12/16/21 by viola (sissly4); 1922 views.
judyinohio

12/23/21

Okay, ladies, I can figure out a sewing room and a box room and a bedroom.

But please enlighten me about what you Texans call a murder room.

Suze (casuzenn)

12/23/21

it's a room with a gawdawful carpet...have no clue why that carpet was even made, much less selected AND installed. Truly looks like some disastrous event happened, and was only half-heartedly cleaned up.

LABFIEND

12/24/21

It really isn't as bad in person-LOL-

This carpet is in only one room of the house, and when I first showed the photos to people at the AZ retreat, someone (I don't remember who - Mishii?) quipped that it looked like someone had been murdered in that room, as it looks like there are old bloodstains.  Patty is now the only one who has seen it in person, and although it's definitely "different," she agreed that it's not as bad in person as it looks in the photo.  It's actually in better condition (okay, a little better, but not much) than the carpet in the other bedroom.  Currently, you can't even see much of the carpet in either room, as those two bedrooms hold most of my stash, UFO's, boxes, and other sewing/quilting stuff.  The carpet in the 3rd bedroom (mine) is newer and has better padding under it, and is just a neutral color.  As weird as it is, I may never replace the "murder" carpet, because like the ugly fish fabric, people get a kick out of it.  

Mishii

12/24/21

It’s my very favorite thing and I will be devastated if you ever replace it. 

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

12/24/21

re murder carpet - if she has it ripped out, she can send it to you....

judyinohio

12/24/21

Shipping a roll of carpet would cost a fortune.

Better to send her funds to buy her new ugly carpet

Cathy (cacnurse1)

12/25/21

How great to have your sewing room set up.  Patty acts like a trouble maker to hide the fact that she would help anyone.  We are all lucky to have her for a friend.(Shhhh! Don't tell her I said that.  She won't believe it anyway.)

LABFIEND

12/25/21

I heard that!  I just like doing things for other people so i can avoid taking care of my own stuff-LOL!!