Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Has Everyone Moved?    Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Dec-20 by judyinohio; 1378 views.
judyinohio

Dec-20

disappointed

So I went under general anesthesia on Friday afternoon for a cardiac ablation and slept pretty good once I got home on Saturday, was drowsy on Sunday and now I'm awake on Monday and where has everybody gone? Here I thought I'd come back to the forum and catch up on postings and learn about what's been going on while I was getting my heart repaired and what do I find?

Nada.

I know, Lynne has been baking dozens of cookies, Pirate has wrapped oodles of gifts and Ami has finished umpteen quilts for friends and family members, Dee  has re-organized her stash and then re-organized it again ...

In the meantime, I have an interesting large red X where the doctor marked the spot on my right groin for his entrance where he inserted the cannula for the catheter he ran up into my heart .... but I suspect that you don't want all the gory details of the procedure.

(One interesting chuckle was that the anesthesiologist's name was Mike Mulligan; remember the book you might have read to your kids about Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel Mary Ann? Had to bite my tongue when I was introduced to that guy.)

Suffice to say that I should be feeling much better once the "zaps" the electrophysiologist put on the wall of the inside of my heart muscle have healed and my hearts pumps more efficiently.

(What have I done to give myself double spacing in this posting?  confounded)

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Dec-20

I'm still here, Judy!  I'm glad you're going to be well again with a healthily beating heart!

Our tree is decorated, and I'm thinking about making cookies.  No big holiday plans; peaceful and quiet.  We have snow and "teenage" temperatures.  At least it's above zero!

Keep feeling better!

Cris in MT

((((((Judy)))))) my DH had one of those done 15 months ago and it worked really well. Hope you are fully recovered very soon.

Yup I have been on a quilting marathon for weeks and mailed off a package to CA with 3 quilts today. I also machine sewed the binding to one of Denise's today so I will have some handwork for my New Mexico trip. 

When I get back I am loading the applique one I did during shutdown as my first one for the new year. 

I will be sewing DWR blocks in New Mexico and hope to get lots done on that.

KSCarolyn

Dec-20

I had a total knee replacement last Tuesday (14th) and when I got back on here I was shocked that there was no new posting.  I'm sure it will be that way until after Christmas.  I had an ablation in January 2019 and worked wonderfully.  No more afibs for me.  I am glad to see this year ending.  This has been the year from Hell with all the health issues I have had.   I had a laminectomy last June.  I had planned on having the TKR last summer but that didn't happen so I decided to get it done now and end the year with a bang.  My DDIL asked why I would do this just before Christmas?  I told her I was going to the Phoenix retreat in February and I wanted to be walking.  She laughed so hard and said, "now we know what your priorities are."

Carolyn

MelRN

Dec-20

I baked a few dozen cookies for my patients and a pitch in, and finished my new Christmas top (I am bored with my 20 year old bed quilt I made for Christmas, and wanted a new one...so made it!)

I'm getting ready to go visit family.

viola (sissly4)

Dec-20

I am Busey sewing. Monday 27th I am going to Columbia MO four days to visit friends.Hope everybody stay healthy. 

latterberry

Dec-21

Oh dear Judy--that's no fun.  But I'm glad it is over with and was successful. I was almost expecting blank pages again this morning when I popped on.  No cookies being made here.  Too many diabetics and weight watchers.  Christmas dinner will be much more low key this year.  No more huge spread that my mom made me feel like I had to do.  

Wishing all of you a very Merry CHRISTmas and a happy and healthy new year!

viola (sissly4)

Dec-21

My son Nathan is coming over for dinner.I don't bake cookies or candy. I have turkey breast. I will make him a peanut butter pie.

quiet around here too.  Nope, not reorganizing stash.  But I did go on a cleaning binge yesterday- I kept noticing the blinds in my sewing room were so thick with dust you could write your name on them.  So I scrubbed them - the dust was too sticky to just wipe off for some reason.  Which led to the kitchen ones, and then the living room.  And then the ceiling fans.  Whee.

Glad your procedure went well.  Merry Christmas everyone.  It's relatively warm here, in the 50s & 60s with sunshine.  Very fall feeling and most the leaves have finally fallen. 

bornblesse2

Dec-21

I have had a few busy days with work and church stuff.  Got grocery shopping and laundry to do today and wrapping a few more presents.