Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another New Year   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Dec-31 by Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto); 336 views.

I do not stay up late to celebrate a New Year. Instead I prefer to rise early New Years day and celebrate with something fun and special. Tomorrow it will be skiing at Snowmass, a new ski area for me. 

So Happy New Year to all that stay up late. I have finished writing up some goals for 2022. Most of all I try to be grateful each day. Years are not good or bad, it is how we perceive them. I leave with some of my favorite nature shots I took in 2021

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Dec-31

Happy New Years to all!

We don't stay up to see in the New Year any more.  We usually deconstruct the Christmas decorations on New Years day.  That's the plan.  We will see how it goes.

I'm a "cup is half full" kind of person.  There is always much to be thankful for.  Best to focus on that.

Suze (casuzenn)

Dec-31

gorgeous shots...

Happy New Year!

We had a nap earlier...so I expect we probably will be up until midnight to see the New Year in.

Spent a couple of days in Vegas this last week. Got to meet my new daughter-in-law and my new grands - a girl and a boy - Son and DDIL are celebrating their one year anniversary today... and got to see my daughter and her fiancé. We had several astronomically priced meals in the hotel (sheesh... Pirate's favorite description comes to mind - 'Higher than nuts on a giraffe!') and we exchanged Christmas gifts  - I got a laser guided pair of shears! and an old fashioned sewing machine ornament. I compiled recipes from my grandmothers, my mom and my recipe collections and put them in to binders for my kids. Was a grand time but the beds were tooooooo hard - I was really grateful to be able to flop into my foam mattress when we got home!

viola (sissly4)

Jan-1

I got home 3:30 pm from my five days trips. my bed at the hotel was wonderful. Had a great time. My nice  to see my friends. Now it is getting colder and the raining.Staying in and see all my beautiful material that I bought.Also want to put the binding on and hand stitch it now for my friend in Sun City. She lost her bro month ago and on Christmas Day she fell and broke her wrist. This coming wed she is going to have surgery on wrist.So she will need this lap quilt to wrap her self in it.I am bless with many things even if I think it was not nice.But I learn from it. Will have to make a trip to Jackson 58 miles from here to clean an get a new foo paddle for my machine.I still have the little machine that I can sew the block's.Happy New Year to everybody.

bornblesse2

Jan-1

I would like say I didn’t see the new year in…..but my neighborhood kept us up!  We had fireworks from 6:30 pm until almost 1 am!at midnight I could see at least 3 neighbors setting them off and the neighbor directly behind us. As well as someone a block or two away.

geeze, why when we live in a desert and huge city are fireworks so desired!  I detest them.  Happy new year!  I will be going to bed plenty early tonight!

keddykat75

Jan-1

We couldn’t see any fireworks, but we sure heard a ton. We went to bed a few minutes before midnight, but it was hard to get to sleep with all of the fireworks noise. 

we got lucky this year, it was raining at midnight - literally put a damper on the fireworks.  Some years it's been very silly in our rural area, powder so thick it looks like fog.  We had already dosed the dog with "calming" treats when the rain started - she didn't mind the extra treats tho.

And DD came back home - she felt pretty good so her and the cat came back to sit out the rest of the quarantine with us.  So she helped me take down Christmas decorations, watch Disney movies and do jigsaw puzzles.  it's wonderful!