Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you seen these strip print fabrics?   General Discussion

Started Jan-3 by sueinIL; 244 views.
sueinIL

Jan-3

In my favorite quilt fabrics shop, I found several bolts of new (to me) fabric that was made up of 8, 5" printed strips running lengthwise.  It is called "Patch-Its" by Vickie McCarty for Marcus Brothers.  Each bolt is a different colorway of coordinated color small prints, vines, and checks,  almost Civil War designs.  I  bought a couple yards of a black and tan colorway, a red and tan, and a green and tan. Each strip is a slightly different background shade of tan/cream, but they're all close coordinates.  Each strip can be cut into 5" sections, and then cut again to make 5" squares, or you could cut each strip twice to make 2 1/2" strips.  A model in the store showed the fabric cut WOF and then used in a border that looked totally scrappy.  I really like the idea, and the colors are very nice shades.  I plan to make a second Jane's Ladder quilt to replace one I donated and then really missed!

Sue in IL

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jan-3

Clever idea.  This fabric has lots of possibilities.

sueinIL

Jan-3

Thanks, Judy!  There were more colorways on the website than the store had.  I think they had the purple one, but I didn't buy it.  The patterns in the actual strips are a lot prettier than the tiny little examples on the website, too IMO. I enjoyed seeing their projects, too.  Neat stuff!I

Sue in IL