Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you own this valuable book?   General Discussion

Started May-16 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt); 493 views.

I just saw a video where a quilter was looking to buy a copy of this book, but she didn't realize how valuable it had become.  You will recognize the subject of the book.  Obviously it has become a collector's item, and it seems unlikely it will ever be re-printed.  But who knows?

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=31081621535&cm_sp=SEARCHREC-_-WIDGET-R-_-BDP-H&searchurl=sortby%3D20%26tn%3DRed%2Band%2BWhite%2BQuilts

judyinohio

May-16

Here's a You Tube video that you can view so that you can enjoy some of the red and white quilts in case you cannot afford to buy the catalog.  wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc009Mo5uXY

wow.  you just never know.  And yes, I do own that book but no intention of selling it.

I recently culled through our LARGE book collection, cut it down to about half - we have empty book shelves for the 1st time in 38 years of marriage.  DH took the first 3 boxes to half price books, the only thing valuable in it was a hardback copy of Jurassic park.  Silly DH brought it back home - seriously?  We'll never read it, no sentimental value, etc etc.  Ah well, at least he got rid of the others.  And yes there are about a dozen more boxes waiting to go.  I didn't want to take them all at once, I have a theory that you get a better price if you take them in sections.  Most are Sci Fi which are in pretty good demand.

tuckyquilter

May-20

Wowzers... Maybe I should buy several for Christmas presents.. 

Those prices are, well, crazy.  

latterberry

May-20

I think I remember seeing articles  back when this display was going on.  Can you imagine owning 6000+ quilts?  Where on earth would she store all of them?

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-10

Oh my goodness!!  I do have this book!  It truly is a done beautifully and I'm so glad I bit! 

I would have loved to attend this show live and in person in NY.  My cousin in NM sent me an article about it.  The book does go into some detail about how the collection was built and how the exhibit came to be.  I forget how I learned of the offering for the book.  But I think I recall returning a postcard for the offer.  Like a Readers Digest offer?  Maybe someone will help jog my old brain.