Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

mountains fabric   General Discussion

Started Jun-3 by sueinIL; 1256 views.
sueinIL

Jun-3

I am beginning to work on my Earth Views quilt.  I found a pattern that lets me use large pieces of the original fabric--designed by Dr. Karen Nyberg who was a quilting astronaut on the Space Station.  For the smaller, closer-to-earth squares, I have water, rocks, trees, deserts, summer, winter, stars, etc.  Most of these came from accumulated stash left from my National Park quilts.  What I do not have, and can't find on quiltshops.com is mountains!  I do not want to buy a panel because the scale would be way off and I don't think I could even get a mountain in a 4 1/2" square! I would prefer no animals in the square. Can you suggest another place I could look for realistic mountain fabric?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks, all!

Sue in IL  

what size mountain do you need?  If all you need is 4", would this work?  I put a 4.5" square next to it for scale.  I think you could crop out the campers.

sueinIL

Jun-3

Dee, the squares are cut 4 1/2" to finish at 4."  I have some other landscapes that I need to add a bit of edging to get to 4 1/2", so that's not a problem.  Your "scene" is very nice!  

BTW If anyone needs a shower curtain with mountains on it, I found one for you on Amazon.

Sue in IL

If you want a piece, I'll be glad to send.  I don't think I have your address.  Please email to dee in tex 62 @ sbc global .net - without the spaces.

sueinIL

Jun-3

Dee, that would be great!  I will email essential information.  Thank you so much!

Sue in IL

Contraryqltr

Jun-4

Sue,

Was it you that got a bunch of earth, space fabric & was not sure what to do with it?  I'm asking because I get Hawthorne Supply's newsletter and they featured the fabrics and showed some patterns to use them on.  Here is a link - hopefully it works.

https://tinyurl.com/pkz5jx3c

Mary in Michigan

Ooooooooo!  I love that one that looks like stained glass - Cupola Views.  Beautiful!  

judyinohio

Jun-4

I agree ... truly an inspired pattern for those fabrics.