Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Arrrrrgh   General Discussion

Started Jun-21 by sueinIL; 739 views.
judyinohio

Jun-21

Keep telling yourself "This will look lovely once it is finished. This will look lovely once it is finished."

sueinIL

Jun-21

Yes, I do have to say it --now that it's finished and spread out on the guestroom bed--it is lovely!  The pattern is Counterpane Quilt by Annette Plog Quilts, and it's all in CW prints, tans and darker border.  I keep saying that I'm done with CW colorways, but I do like how they turn out. 

I'm done, I'm done, I'm done!

What am I going to do next?

Sue in IL

judyinohio

Jun-21

Something drop dead easy in bright colors.

Go to Jordan Fabrics and find a goodie. Here's a pretty one for you;

https://jordanfabrics.com/collections/projects-from-videos/products/beads-bundle-quilt-kit-includes-figo-northcott-primivara-pre-cut-quarter-yards

Or find something else at Jordan Fabrics that floats your boat. wink

MelRN

Jun-21

I'm sorry you're having trouble. :( I love diagonal set...but it took me some practice to figure out how to press it, etc.

LindaPutt

Jun-21

Congrats on your finish!  I can't wait to see a picture - it sounds pretty.

sueinIL

Jun-21

I'm so bad at posting pictures, but here's a link to the pattern.  I didn't use a floral in the border, but it is a dark brown CW print.

https://www.etsy.com/market/counterpane_quilt

Sue in IL

LindaPutt

Jun-21

What a beautiful, and complex looking pattern.  I love civil war fabrics.  I bet yours is stunning.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-22

Oh that layout looks lovely!

when you get a chance, please post a picture of yours.

sueinIL

Jun-22

That quilt would be so pretty in Christmas prints, maybe with a little touch of gold.  However...it has that dratted diagonal set that I'm going to avoid, at least for a little while.

Sue in IL

judyinohio

Jun-22

So check out Jordan Fabrics other patterns ........