Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Big life changes   Off-Topic Chat

Started Jul-30 by LeeAnn (mom1me2); 1181 views.
LeeAnn (mom1me2)

Jul-30

Well, I have not been able to post for quite awhile. This spring/ summer has been eventful here.  Some good and some not so good. 
april, I developed a septic infection in my port/ blood system. They are not certain it’s origin but may have been some tainted TPN.  Hospital hell for just over a week and new port. 
May: Kenneth asked me to marry him- not first time, but first time I said YEs! 
last week: we got a wedding gift from his dad- a baby blue Merle corgi.  
pictures below

August: I turn the big 50 - miracle in itself that I have lived this long and proved many doctors wrong. We get married on the 26th.  

Pamjr

Jul-30

Happy for your good news. The best part is the Corgi! You'll have to go and join all the Corgi boards on Facebook.  The Corgi people from the different groups on facebook are Corgi crazy. There are even some talking ones. Too funny. Lots of good info. about rasing your pup too. Happy wedding too.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-30

Wow, that sounds like quite the roller coaster ride.  I'm very glad your medical issues were resolved and CONGRATULATIONS on your up-coming wedding!!!  Your little Corgi will certainly keep you busy!

CC (ccase5)

Jul-30

Oh Happy, Happy days to you both or should I say three of you? Love your ring, your man and your little doggie too!!
judyinohio

Jul-30

That is one exciting wedding gift! I assume the pup will be dressed appropriately for the ceremony although it is such a beauty maybe fancy clothes won't be necessary.

I hope you and Kenneth have happy days ahead with no more medical adventures to scare anyone.

Best wishes to all of you, two-legged and four-legged.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-30

Awww...congratulations!!

Wedding present doggie is adorable.

May you have much happiness.

LABFIEND

Jul-30

Congrats!!  And glad you got your health stuff straightened out!

Awesome news!!!

latterberry

Jul-31

It's too bad the forum was being difficult and not letting you inform us of your adventures until now. I'm happy for all of your good news! Congratulations!   What have you named that darling puppy?

In reply toRe: msg 1
sueinIL

Jul-31

Today is our 51st anniversary. My DH has been in the hospital for 7 days. So many problems, but maybe now that he's been given a tune-up, things will be better.  In some ways I blame the doctors who kept prescribing this or that but never took anything off his list. What was good for his heart was bad for the kidneys.  So the'd prescribe for the kidneys and also keep the heart stuff.  It reached max overload a week ago and he could hardly stand up. Now they're waiting on a 48-hour blood culture, so DH is frustrated and bored.  I can tell he's getting better because he's crabbier.

Maybe--please God-- discharged today.

Sue in IL

viola (sissly4)

Jul-31

Lee Ann I am so happy for you.You finally said yes.So glad you feel better.Maybe someday I will stop in and visit.That puppy is cutie.