Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

cute variation on a dresden plate   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Sep-1 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 565 views.
CC (ccase5)

Sep-1

sigh, had to sign in again. That is oh so cute! Now i want to make one. I looked up some and like this one best due to the larger circle. Really looks good!
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-1

In a FB EPP group I belong to, this pattern, Exploding Dresden, is currently being worked on.  (No, I am not participating!  Too many other irons in the fire right now. :-)  )

This is the schematic:
May be an image of crochet

and here's an actual example.  This one features some wonderful fussy-cutting in the outer round.
No photo description available.

Very nice.  Some of those fabrics look like Liberty.  I've pretty much decided that EPP is not for me, because I don't particularly enjoy doing it as much as other types of construction, but I always admire the work of those who do.  I do like that one very much, and wonder what the rest of the quilt will look like.  

Wow Shelley that is beautiful! Too many irons in my fire too.....sigh!

That would also work with conventional hand piecing as well. That is how I would tackle it. It would be a great portable project. You could plop a big one in the middle, do 4 quarter ones for the corners!

Yes, I can see that could be done with simple hand-piecing.  I would like that a lot more than EPP.  

Contraryqltr

Sep-2

Wowsers - that's really incredible.  I have "man hands" when it comes to fine work/hand sewing but kudos to those who do it and love it.

Mary in Michigan

MelRN

Sep-4

That would be a very hard NO from my corner :P