Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I do have UFO's - need quilting suggestions   General Discussion

Started Sep-4 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 321 views.

Just to fess up, I do have some UFO's.  Here is one that I have decided to finish and use as a small mantle hanging.  Part of the reason I had put it away was I couldn't decide how to quilt it.  I still can't decide.  Anyone have suggestions?  I feel like I should do something or other special but no inspiration... This has been aging since BEFORE we did the bargello at the retreat - how long ago - five, six, seven years ago?

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-4

Feathers in the black fabric areas....string of pearls in the red and green areas....

In reply toRe: msg 1
CC (ccase5)

Sep-4

Oh that sounds nice. I'm absolutely a flub at doing machine quilting well now.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-4

I really like Suze's suggestion!

I would take my curved rulers and follow the arcs of piecing with parallel lines. Then I would do some fun fills in the arcs of piecing.  Can draw picture later today when we get home.

bornblesse2

Sep-5

Just a thought…..I have always thought bargellos look best when quilted with curvy lines of some sort.  It seems to give them movement and accent the pattern that moves up and down.

hmm, I like that idea better than feathers (yes I know, I need to get better at them but I just don't enjoy doing them at this point).  I was thinking of ribbon candy, that might be fun between the arcs.

thanks Ami.  I could not get past my original idea of some sort of traditional wreath feather and I knew I don't have the skill right now to make that work.

Also if you do not have curved rulers just make straight lines.