Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I won!   General Discussion

Started Sep-16 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 1442 views.

My Christmas quilt won the Judges Choice award & 2nd place in the applique category.  Actually I won 2nd, 3rd & honorable mention in the applique category.  The medallion quilt Ami quilted for me was the honorable mention, the reverse applique table topper was 3rd.  And my hand pieced rainbow stars won 3rd place in the small pieced category.  It was pretty cool to walk in and see my quilt at the front of the show.  And all the comments from guild members were very sweet.  A great morning!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-16

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!

Dee, that is so awesome!   Quite deserved!  Those judges showed admirable good sense.  :-)   I bet when the names were revealed the communal thought was, "AGAIN!????"   LOL!

off topic: LOVE your hair cut!  Very attractive on you.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Sep-16

Wow!  I'm so glad your stellar work was recognized!  Love your happy face.

LindaPutt

Sep-16

Yea Dee!  It's such a beautiful quilt and your work is amazing.  You deserved it!  Congrats!

When you get a minute will you post pix of the other winning quilts too?

viola (sissly4)

Sep-16

Good for you.You work vary hard to get these awards.

Midkid5

Sep-17

Way to go, glad you entered and got some positive feedback.  Now will you the the additional embellishment when you hang it at Christmas time ?

Jo

latterberry

Sep-17

Congratulations!  We are all very proud of you!

MelRN

Sep-17

Very nice! :) Congratulations, Dee!

Thanks.  And you know, I just might! smile

thanks Linda.  The pictures are below.  The first one is the one Ami quilted for me.  The 2nd is hand pieced and the 3rd is reverse applique.  Lots of people were commenting on the border on that one.