Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

idea for scrappy Mountain Majesties swap   General Discussion

Started by mickineel; 1112 views.
mickineel

6/27/07

Hi all!

I was just thinking about a swap that I would like to try. but would like to know if there is any interest in it, or if I should hold off till late summer/early fall. 

here is the link:

http://quiltville.com/delmts.shtml

I have not tried to make any of these blocks, just thought they might be kind of neat to swap.

Note that the finished size is 6"x7.5"   ( 6.5"x 8" unfinished) 

let me know your thoughts.

micki

cherokeemom5

6/27/07

Hey Micki I think that looks cool. I also have been looking at it and thought it was great. Let me know.

Cathie

Craftstar

6/28/07

Good Morning, This looks interesting, I just finished a mystery quilt that used some of this kind of blocks, they are not hard to do at all, too bad we cant make the block bigger tho,

Anyway looks like fun.

You can see my new finished mystery here:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/559654253PJvrrY

Debbie

annie0504

6/28/07

I'd be interested if it wasn't until August or September--just no time before that!

Anne

What colors/fabrics are you thinking about?

mickineel

6/28/07

debbie,

took a peek at your quilt.  I love the colors.  I tend to stay away from yellow,  I don't why, it's one of my favorites. (note to self: expand your horizons, try yellow)

I would need to make a block and see if I could figure out how to make it bigger.  I would like to see it more square myself,  it would be a little more versitile.

Anne, 

I probably wont start a swap sign up until mid to late July anyway and have sign ups for a couple of week.  No clue how long I would have it close and finish, so August/September probably not a problem.  

What do you all think about colors?

scrappy, making sure one side is lighter than the other?

choose colors making the light side white or off white?

up for other suggestions also.

micki

Judy (jw60)

6/28/07

Debbie--

Oh, my gosh!  That is beautiful!  I, too, tend to shy away from yellows.  I just don't know how to put them into a quilt without it overpowering everything else...  I love your quilt!

Judy

Craftstar

6/29/07

Judy , Micki

Thank you< i am kinda proud of that as i also usually stay away from that much yellow in a quilt, but i took a chance this time, and it really turned out great. I just love doing the mystery quilts, we started another one last month, this time I am using the fushia fabrics in it so it should be interesting, lol

Have a great day ladies

Debbie

annie0504

6/29/07

Well, IMHO, I think the NON-square shape is part of the unusual design effect you get for the overall quilt, when the rectangles get put together.  But, hey, I'm flexible.  Play around with it.

Colors....hmmm....I'll think on that and see what else gets suggested.  Sometimes I'm not too adventurous in that department, but I love scrappy.

Anne

JudithReese

6/29/07

Hi Micki,

I'm thinking that your swap sounds very interesting. I would most likely like to be a part of this swap. I would like to see if my daughter Stephanie would also like to join. Here is my problem. I am leaving for New York again tonight and will not be back for a while. Will this be ok? There is no internet, or computers, where I am going so I can't get on line until I join the real world again! I would be back in late July most likely. I will be clearing out my Dad's home and getting it ready for sale. I'm planning on bring back a truck load of things, furniture and other household items. My sister may be joining me out here in a few years.

Enjoy the rest of your summer. I'll check for your answer when I get back.

Judith Reese

mickineel

6/29/07

Judith!

not a problem.  I might not start the swap for a while but if I do sign ups  I will leave it open till I hear from you, or at least put you and Stephanie on the list.

hope it all goes well.  the summer is too short.  I am still working in the book depot but may be done by next week.  I don't mind the time the extra time.

Did you hear about Monica's accident?  that sounds like a scary one!

have a safe trip!

micki