Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 2124583 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

8/11/19

You sound like me.  When I worked, I shopped for clothes.  Now I don't enjoy it.  Will shop the sales once in a while to replace a top that has a hole in it or if I need something for an upcoming event.  No heels, can't wear them anymore-arthritis in feet.  I have some pantyhose but they are so old if I took them out of the package, they would probably disintegrate.  Need to toss them out.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

8/11/19

OH dear.  Poor Mollie. And poor you!   Why did you have to have your roof replaced?  Did one of those storms destroy it?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

8/11/19

Just a notice to all that DH and I will be on the road for the next month.  I am taking my computer so I hope to get on the forum when I have a break.  We are going to Texas to see DD and famiy(DGD turns 18 on Tuesday).  Then on to several stops in OHIO.  Need to find out about those quilt stores from Judy. Detroit will be the furthest destination.  That is my original home and we still have family and friends we'd like to see.  Then we will see Carolyn.  I know she can hardly wait!  Me, too!  We end with a reunion of one of Bob's Viet Nam units in Omaha.  Never been there before.

We are lucky to have found a wonderful dog sitter who will stay at the house with Maggie.  She is also a good friend and just retired last Fall.  Maggie loves her and her little pomerainian, Chewy.  

Pulling out my hexies to take on the road.

Mishii

8/11/19

Safe travels and have loads of fun!

KSCarolyn

8/11/19

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

OH dear.  Poor Mollie. And poor you!   Why did you have to have your roof replaced?  Did one of those storms destroy it?

About 4 years I had a couple of tiles blow off the roof and had a roofer come out to replace them.  When he finished he told me I was probably going to need to replace the roof sometime in the next 5 years as it was the original to the house and has seen a lot of storms.  So for 4 years, I have been praying for a hail storm because I can't afford to pay for a new roof.  When it hailed a couple of months ago I watched it as it was coming down about pea-size.  When it started getting bigger I started doing the happy dance.  The insurance company totaled my roof and now I have a new roof that will probably outlast me.

Carolyn

KSCarolyn

8/11/19

Looking forward to seeing you guys.  Patty is coming up from Oklahoma to party with us while you are here.  Hope Bob can handle all the estrogen. LOL

Carolyn

LABFIEND

8/11/19

KSCarolyn said:

Hope Bob can handle all the estrogen. LOL

You probably shouldn't have warned Bob i was coming!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

8/12/19

What fun!  If you get to eastern Ohio try to get to Fabric Shack.  Delightful!

judyinohio

8/12/19

Judy, Fabric Shack is located in Waynesville, Ohio, which is in the southwestern corner of the state fairly close to Cincinnati. 

https://www.fabricshack.com/

They have an awesome website but the brick and mortar portion of the store that is available to walk-in customers is only a fraction of their stock.  Frankly I was a bit disappointed during my one and only visit to the Fabric Shack because I was on a search for something very specific. They did have great kits and samples on display, though.

My favorite place for fabric hunting is The Door Mouse in Bettsville, Ohio in the northwestern part of the state (exactly one hour from my driveway LOL) where I take out-of-state shoppers who need a fabric fix. I have not been there in a long time because I don't do serious quilting any more but The Door Mouse is a huge pole barn with thousands of bolts of fabric. Here's Dee in action eight years ago at The Door Mouse:

The Door Mouse is fairly close to Toledo.  https://thedoormouse.com/index.html