Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1458447 views.
YDritch

9/10/19

Just spent the last hour reading I-don't-know-how-many posts!  Thankfully, everyone seems fairly healthy and happy.  

Life has been crazy (isn't it always) for me.  We spent a month in Northern CA and returned just before July 4.  Most of the rest of the month was playing catch up.  August has seen my DB's health failing.  His wife's granddaughter was getting married out-of-state over Labor Day weekend and I suggested that she go and I would stay with my brother.  So for a week, my brother and I talked, laughed, cried, reminisced and had what I jokingly referred to as a slumber party.  This quality time was a gift to both of us.

I've been doing some piecing this week but have really struggled with putting a quilt back together.  Hopefully, I've finally figured out what I want to do with it...and sew it goes.

YDritch

9/10/19

On another note and thinking ahead....I'm looking for Retreat Roomie.  Anybody want me?

bornblesse2

9/10/19

Oh my everyone.....what a long day!   Was suppose to be a flight to Houston and a quick transfer to KS!  Well,,,, Houston we had problems!  Houston airport shut down because of storms.   We started flying to Austin, 10 minutes later we turned around for Houston it was back open. 

But everythin, and I mean everything was backed up.  Sat on the tarmac for an hour waiting for a gate to open up.  Hiked from C to the far terminal E gate 21..... flight estimated to leave in 45 minutes.   Whoops, announcement about boarding time that we were waiting for flight crew.

but, made it to KS about 3 hours late.  We won’t be here long, but gotta see my parents who have turned 90!  And spend the weekend w. My sisters.   Then back home quick...hubby has another trip as soon as we get home.

LABFIEND

9/11/19

bornblesse2 said:

Houston airport shut down because of storms.  

Bummer on the wait, but you sure don't want to be flying during those storms.  The scariest flight I ever had was from Houston to OKC, hit severe severe turbulence around Dallas.  Flinging back and forth and up and down.  Got to OKC and found that they had closed Dallas airport due to storms-the ones we flew thru!  Glad you made it eventually.

LABFIEND

9/11/19

YDritch said:

.I'm looking for Retreat Roomie.  Anybody want me?

Course we want you, I may be in the market!  Lets talk.

LABFIEND

9/11/19

Cathy:  So thanks for putting me on to the Stephanie Plum books.  Love them, on book three.  She is a hoot!!

But I have binged watched Carnival Row, now what am i going to watch!!  Don't have Hulu so can't watch The Handmaiden's Tale.

bornblesse2

9/11/19

Yea,  it was a bumpy ride at several different times.  And a really hard landing into Wichita!  Not sure why, but everyone was reaching for a hand hold on that one.

but, we are here safely!  Sleep hard as we were exhausted!  Today, time with my parents.

lppenguins

9/11/19

Yay. I hope your retiring, and getting better too. 

lppenguins

9/11/19

Yep I can’t believe it. Yesterday I had another X-ray, the outcome “failure to heal” whaaaa?

ok so the bone isn’t healing so I’m off to a hand surgeon. I’m red faced, stomping my feet, yelling, but I still have to go. :0(

I needs my thumbs! Lol

lppenguins

9/11/19

What a special time with brother. 

I was so happy to get to spend a few days with my DB even though a lot going on, I got to hug him everyday and love on him. Well I hugged his waist lol. He’s 6’3 a big guy.