Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1416374 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

9/12/19

I know you are probably tired of hearing of my Dumbo baby quilt and Lizzie woes but...  I just have to share...  

I'm having fun!  Since DH helped me get Lizzie's new belt on and at the right tension it is a joy to go work on her even for just 15 minutes.  Now that I don't have to fuss and fiddle with her I can just go work on her for a bit.  

I'm still learning new things all the time and today's learnings were:

(1)  Don't roll the quilt so the take up rail *with it's Red Snapper bump* ends up right against the machine bed.  Causes the machine to really struggle to move beneath the take up rail!  And,

(2)  Keep your fingers away from the needle at all times!!!  Dang!  Outside of Pinky on the left hand had the needle go completely through.  Went in between where the nail bed and flesh meet.  Not quite sure how I did that but I was trying to hold the edge of the top to stitch down.  I think I'll use basting spray tomorrow!!!  LOL

Ouch! Are you up to date on your tetanus shot?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/13/19

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Except on FB!!  hahahaha

He was joking.  He loves all of us quilters.wink

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/13/19

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Maybe I should get Cathy and Patty to help!  

We will be right there!blush

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/13/19

Are his classes taught in French?  Is he fluent?  Christine did a year in Caan, but her major was French.  She sure was fluent when she came home.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/13/19

LABFIEND said:

, course i haven't brought anything into the house!

Hope you took it straight to the She Shed!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/13/19

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

. wonder if Mark would noTice if I put a couple puffer fish throw pillows on the bed in the RV.

A blind man would notice those!!!  I've seen Shelley's.  It's unforgettable.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/13/19

KSCarolyn said:

if my house was turning into a quilters party house. 

He should know "Girls just oughta have fun!"

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/13/19

She whined about needing to clean it out so we gave her no choice!  She was glad we did it.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

9/13/19

We did have to move some things around and group like items together.  I think she just kept putting things in her closet thinking with her best Scarlett O'Hara that "Tomorrow is another day".