Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1458466 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-6

Karen, I don't take the singular(generic) for allergies either.  I take it for asthma.  Not sure it helps.  I have taken all the different meds for allergies.  They help for awhile and then don't.  I just got back from TX.  My allergies were terrible there.  I bought some Zyrtec to try again and it seems to help.  Wondering if I need to take one for a while and then another?  It is a question I will ask.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-6

LABFIEND said:

Key word is FOR ME, not to me-buuuuhaaaa

So the rest of us need to watch out?!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-6

We just returned this afternoon from a week in TX.  We drove both ways all in 1 day.  15-16 hours each way.  We weren't ready to fly and we didn't want to try a motel.  We had no trouble finding places to stop for fast food.  In Texas, we even went to a couple restaurants.  Social distancing and masks on the servers.  I felt safe.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-6

Our trip to Texas was for DGD's High School graduation.  They actually had a ceremony in a new baseball stadium.  It hadn't been played in yet because no baseball so far this season.  Only 64 in her class so it was not lengthy.  Then a family dinner of Lasagna made from scratch by DGD and her Dad.  It was delicious.  The next day a small party.  Texas is pretty open.  Some are being careful and others are not.  It was a good visit.

Not sure why the first one is on it's side?

viola (sissly4)

Jun-6

Welcome to the new owner housing I got my house paid off now too but I have a brand new refrigerator washer stove and air conditioner so I hope nothing breaks down now for a long time

I have ordered a new Whirlpool refrigerator, but it will not be delivered until around first of July.  Usually it only takes about a week, but it's a different world now.  New Bosch dishwasher should be delivered sometime this week.  And just today I bought a new sofa - got a really good deal on it too, I think.  They said it will be delivered this Friday.  I still need a TV (would like to get a Smart TV) and a couple of other pieces of furniture before long - a new bed and some lamps and other little things.  It is coming together slowly, and I am contributing a lot to the local and national economy.  :o)  

AND I have spent quite a bit of money getting repairs done to the house before I started buying appliances.  There was already a very nice stove, but no refrigerator and a broken dishwasher.  No vent-a-hood over the stove, but there was plenty of room.  So I bought a combination microwave + vent-hood.  

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jun-7

Your sour dough bread sounds so yummy!  I have 2 bread makers in the small basement/furnace room and it would be nice to make homemade bread again..  But I don't have time to find them right now.  They are probably in a box behind something else and I went and looked a couple of weeks ago, but gave up.  It's our storage area and I do need to purge a lot of what is down there.  I ask myself why I hang onto things, because after cleaning out my dmil's 2 houses, lord knows if I don't use that stuff now I probably won't in the future.  

Msg 2067.22651 deleted
Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jun-7

Beautiful Quilt Misha!  And Mishii did do a wonderful job on the quilting!