Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1482997 views.
Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jun-7

Beautiful Quilt Misha!  And Mishii did do a wonderful job on the quilting!

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jun-7

Sounds like a fun trip Cathy to see your granddaughter graduate.  It's good to hear they were able to have a ceremony as I hear on the news most schools have cancelled the graduation ceremonies.  

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

Jun-7

Congratulations on your new house and how nice to be able to purchase new furniture and appliances for your new digs.   It's always nice to have new appliances that work.  

viola (sissly4) said...

so I hope nothing breaks down now for a long time

AMEN!! Me too! I need to get some savings built up again...also praying my health and well-being continues cuz...no safety net!

JDO, I bought a sofa (Not an expensive one, but new). Ashley Furniture's website said May 20. On the 10th I sold my old junky one cheap. On the 12th, they called and said it would be June 24 delivery!

LABFIEND

Jun-7

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

So I bought a combination microwave + vent-hood.  

I have wanted to do that also, just never got around to it.  And my microwave hasn't quit yet!

LABFIEND

Jun-7

viola (sissly4) said:

Welcome to the new owner housing I got my house paid off now

Congratulations, bet that feels good to have it paid for!!

LABFIEND

Jun-7

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

And just today I bought a new sofa - got a really good deal on it too, I think. 

Wow!  You will have something to sit on besides your chairs!!  It's going to  be great!!

Cathy congratulations to your granddaughter. Graduation from high school is really a huge life milestone and I am so glad that she got to celebrate this achievement with her family and friends and fellowclassmates. So many did not get this opportunity this year.

Glad to hear that things in Texas are open again. We are even having things open here as well and there are those here to that think they can just go back to whatever and not have a care in the world. Me.............I am gonna be careful but not shut up in my house. I do try to do the social distance thing and not go anywhere that I consider unsafe. It is nice to see other people though.

Kim D. (KIMDIG) said:

I have 2 bread makers in the small basement/furnace room and it would be nice to make homemade bread again.

I make the sourdough from scratch and it is kinda relaxing to knead the dough. We did pull the breadmaker out of a donation box and started using it again too. After 26 years it still works just fine. We are slowly going thru things and purging. We had the back of the SUV full a week ago when thrift stores here opened again of donation stuff..........still have lots to sort thru. Yes.................getting rid of stuff does make it so much easier to find the things you do want. We have been working in the garage and DH really needs to stop stuffing things in boxes he says are organized........they are not and also not near full. He just needs to admit most of that stuff he will never, ever use and let it go. He keeps bringing up my sewing stash but my daughter and I agree I really use that stuff.