Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1478675 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-10

I've been working on JoyQuilter's Scrapbusting Mystery and I'm proud to say I started with the group and finished piecing it with the main group that began.  Well, maybe a week beyond the final clue.  But...  I had an important learning!  When you use the fabric from the big table of flat folds in the back of SAS...  check for flaws BEFORE you cut all your pieces out.  I had three of four outer borders on and was ironing the final border and found a 1/4' to 3/8" cut in the middle!!!  I had to slice a 1/2" strip out of the border and piece it back together to get rid of the cut RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE!  Since I'm keeping this quilt for me I decided I could live with an extra seam in just one of the four TOT borers and quilting will likely camouflage it.

BUT...  take heed my friends and check your SAS sale table fabric!!!

LABFIEND

Jul-10

Mishii said:

Ummm, no...I don't want people to know I'm reading books about witch detectives.  Sheesh

Too late, now i want to know what the book is!  i have been reading  shoot em up murder mysteries, a good witch book would work also!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-10

Sounds like it will be pretty.  Enjoy putting it together.

I'm trying to get stuff out of my sewing room.    Carrie finished quilting a baby quilt so I trimmed it, made the binding, and sewed the binding on the front today.  Now I have something to sew in front of the TV at night.  Also layered a small panel quilt for charity so that I could quilt it.  I'm ready to do step 3 of the Shout for Joy mystery quilt and then have to sew some large batting strips together for some of the other small tops I've made so that I can get them sandwiched and quilted.  Should keep me out of trouble for a while.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-10

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

take heed my friends and check your SAS sale table fabric!!!

There is a reason their fabrics are so reasonable(cheap).

So, two weeks have gone by. I'm really enjoying the new job, although I'm very overwhelmed. It's a WHOLE other ballgame from what I'm accustomed. Different programs (Epic and UDS), different procedures, regulations, etc. The only thing that's the same is that I give medicine and I do head to toe assessments. LOL!!! That's the easy part. Except I must look for more pulses than I'm used to (I mean checking pedal pulse and such. I just counted BPM typically), and that I must remember to scan bracelets and meds. I forgot once yesterday and just took some tylenol in and gave it to a guy--oops! That's what I've been doing for four years, except in clinicals (which were >1 year ago). I've had a good preceptor who let me "take" a couple patients so I'd get practice in charting, though we had discharges and admits each day, which is a TON! We ended up teamworking it more than splitting patients. I'm still rather anxious that I do well.

Also worrying me are boards. They're coming in a few weeks and I don't feel ready, no matter how much I study. They extended the temporary RN, but I'm still nervous as anything. I don't want to let anyone down, including myself!

Done a few small projects around the house, moved one roommate out and another in, finished working notice on the old job...and bought a bike so I could start exercising more. that's been my life! LOL!!! Never a dull moment!

KSCarolyn

Jul-13

Dang, I have been so careful but got exposed to COVID anyway.  I don't have it but just exposed.  I was at my Jason's house on the 5th and today his father in law has been diagnosed with the virus.  We were at the same table eating 4th of July leftovers. I will self-quarantine myself until I'm sure I'm not a danger to anyone else.

Carolyn

• Edited July 13, 2020 11:11 pm  by  KSCarolyn
bornblesse2

Jul-13

Oh, shoot, Carolyn!

that is the problem with this doggone virus!   My Evan was exposed also, but he didn’t get it.  He did get a sore throat, but  we don’t think it was the virus.   But we all went on quarantine.

we have totally shut in two times now!   Just keep yourself hydrated, rested, and try not to worry.  Prayers!

KSCarolyn

Jul-13

I haven't been around him since the 5th and he might not have been contagious then.  He didn't really get sick until today and he was running a fever of 103 when his daughter took him to the ER.  He was tested and came back positive, all in one day which I thought was pretty fast testing.  But to be on the safe side I will stay at home until the two weeks (since the 5th) are up.  I'm not going to worry about it unless I start to show symptoms.

Carolyn

bornblesse2

Jul-13

Well, I do thank you for keeping yourself in until things are safe.   We need more people to do that.

how are the cases in your area?  My sister got more masks from me because Sedgwick county is now requiring them.   

KSCarolyn

Jul-13

The number of cases has taken a sharp upturn.

Carolyn