Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1481670 views.
KSCarolyn

Jul-14

I'm pretty sure I won't get it because I don't think he was sick at the time and we were sitting more than 6 feet apart the whole time.  A week has gone by so if I don't get sick in the next week I probably dodged a bullet.

Carolyn

KSCarolyn said:

Dang, I have been so careful but got exposed to COVID anyway.

Carolyn I am so sorry. I have been trying to go out as little as possible myself again because this monster just keeps growing again. I am so over this and just want to go out and enjoy the world again! I do hope that Jason's FIL will recover well and quickly, do let us know.

Midkid5

Jul-14

Sorry so you might have been exposed.

THEORY ONLY....read an article by a U.K. Doctor or scientist and he had a theory that gargling with mouth wash might help slow the spread....virus attaches to saliva gland cells to enter body.....mouthwash contains xyz.  

So i put mouthwash in my bath that I wash up in after being out.

Jo

bornblesse2

Jul-14

And many are saying it happens within 5 days.  That’s what scares me about schools - by the time a positive test comes back, more will have already spread it without knowing.   

KSCarolyn

Jul-15

UPDATE

DIL has tested positive although she has no symptoms yet.  The two step-granddaughters are now sick and Jason sounds terrible.  He thinks it is his annual hayfever but regardless they are all under quarantine now, as am I.  Jason was at my house on Friday and he and I were together in a car running some errands.  Breanna, my other granddaughter was over there all day on Saturday so she is also quarantined.

DIL works in a hospital in El Dorado in the HR and a coworker came to work sick and didn't tell anyone.  She thinks that's how she got infected.  Since she works in a hospital she was able to get a rapid test.

Carolyn

YDritch

Jul-15

So sorry to hear about your family’s illness. Hugs and prayers to all for a speedy and complete recovery.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-15

oh my....

I do hope if y'all get sick its  light cases....sending prayers...

LindaPutt

Jul-15

Oh my gosh.   It's unbelievable how fast it spreads.  Zahn's mom works at a grocery store and she says people even come in there coughing and obviously sick. 

I'm praying for you Carolyn, and for your family too!  All good wishes for a good outcome.

bornblesse2

Jul-15

Oh no!  That is so the problem....one infected person infects those around them!

stay rested, hydrated, and be careful!  Your exposure doesn’t mean you will get it.  My Evan was exposed and didn’t get it. A friend got it, but her husband has not!  So hang in there!

hugs!!!

Carolyn lifting you and your family up in prayer. I hope all recover well and stay safe.