Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1486948 views.
KSCarolyn

Jul-24

I'm doing fine and everyone is Jason's family has been cleared to go back to work.  Kellie went back today and Jason will go back next Wednesday.  None of them ever did get really sick.  Kellie lost all taste and smell and Jason had the sniffles and a little bit of congestion.  If they hadn't been tested they probably wouldn't have known they had the "plague".  Just to be on the safe side I told Jason not to hug me for a while.  LOL   

Carolyn

Misha (MISHAMISHA)

Jul-24

That’s a relief! Glad they’re all doing so well, and that you didn’t catch “the cooties ” as some of my friends call it now stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye

LABFIEND

Jul-24

Glad you are doing OK, as well as the rest of the family!!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-24

glad you still seem to be cootie free..

Carolyn thanks for the update on your family. So glad that everyone is doing well!!! Just take good care of yourself and them as well. 

KSCarolyn

Jul-24

I was surprised to learn that 80% of people who contract COVID19 have mild symptoms.   Also, 99% of people who contract COVID19 will run a fever.  So fever is the first thing that would have alarmed me.  All during my quarantine, I took my temperature twice a day.  It was always normal or below so I wasn't too worried.  I left the house for the first time today.  I made a quick run to the grocery store (with a mask) and picked up a couple of items.  It was good to get out.  I have been in quarantine for almost 4 months except for curbside grocery pickups.

I was afraid that soon you would hear on the news about this crazed lady running down the street, naked and stabbing someone.  

Carolyn

• Edited July 24, 2020 9:05 pm  by  KSCarolyn
KSCarolyn said:

I was afraid that soon you would hear on the news about this crazed lady running down the street, naked and stabbing someone

...if it said with a crown on, we would figure out who it was!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-25

KSCarolyn said:

I was surprised to learn that 80% of people who contract COVID19 have mild symptoms.   Also, 99% of people who contract COVID19 will run a fever. 

I am pretty sure I had it a couple of weeks after Retreat - we think we got it at a restaurant during the trip we took right before Retreat - I wouldn't have been contagious during Retreat. Mine started out as a dilly of a cold - sneezing, hacking up a lung, runny nose, body aches...only had fever for maybe 12-15 hours though - G was lucky - he only had the fever part and some minor sniffles... The lingering effects took many weeks to clear up....even for G.

It's that other 20% that have more severe reactions that are filling up the hospitals...sigh...

KSCarolyn

Jul-25

Sandy in TX (Centergranny) said:

...if it said with a crown on, we would figure out who it was!

Yep, it would have been a dead give away.

Carolyn