Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1510951 views.
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-5

bornblesse2 said:

i am getting lazy.

I'm wasting way more time than I should be.  Are you going back to Mulqueens?  Last I heard that tore was closed.

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

I went to Google and searched on quilt labels condolences and then selected IMAGES

Thanks I will give that a try.

bornblesse2 said:

is anyone else having trouble getting motivated to accomplish things?

I am not having so much trouble with sewing and quilting, I just have a terrible time to motivate myself to finish up the putting things in boxes and packing. I have made a ton of progress the last few months but still have a bit to get it finished. I am trying to do as much purging along the way as I can too and that is always hard.

Yes, me, me!  I am really interesting in working in my yard, but it's so hot that I usually just stay in where it's cool and dark.  I figure it will wait until the weather is a bit cooler.  After all, I won't have much of a garden until next Spring anyway, and I can get everything set up during the cooler months.  And I DO have a good-sized greenhouse that came with the house too.  So, I don't feel too bad about procrastinating.  I haven't been making as many trips to "town" to shop and buy things, as it's so depressing going out anywhere under the current circumstances.  Besides, I still have a lot of boxes to unpack, and I can do that inside - even part of it while sitting down.  LOL  

I am struggling with inertia too -- just don't want to get up and get started.  I know once I get my sewing room arranged, I'll feel more like getting in there and making something.  

You can't get motivated to pack, and I can't get motivated to UN-pack!  We are a great pair.  LOL  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-5

I find myself wasting a great deal of time online ... looking at Ancestry.com for more genealogical hints that I know aren't there. :-)   And being hypnotized by my Facebook news feed ... really there's nothing earth shattering there but I still look as there are ALWAYS new posts.  :-)

I have scrapbook pages to get done.  But I'm not feeling the inspiration to layout any pages.   I've made a few more face masks for DD#1 and DD#2 but need to dredge up the energy to find a box, pack it and mail it.  Ugh.

Don't talk to me about housework.  Ugh.   When we cleaned out the garage (AND IT'S STILL CLEAN AND ORGANIZED!!), I produced a BIG pile of useful stuff that I had earmarked for thrift stores ... but they remain closed.  Mr Pirate has started making comments on how the pile in  front of the garage is starting to irritate him ... and I fully disagree.  I would just feel very badly if these items went to the dumps instead.  :-(

On an academic level, I really do want to restart my daily walks.  But ... oh, you knew that was coming, right?  .. the weather continues to be too warm for that.  I'm not that much of a masochist to want to go for a walk in too-warm weather.

Over all, I have a big case of the "meh".  Complete blah.  I think about doing some longarm quilting, to get a UFO completed .. but then think that those scrapbook pages aren't going to get done by themselves.

There's a reason why we just languish during the Dog Days of Summer.  But this year we also have extra reasons.  I'll surface again when it's cooler.  LOL  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-5

not directed at any one in particular ... but .. if you hear your name being whispered ....  :-)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

not directed at any one in particular ... but .. if you hear your name being whispered ....  :-)

Yup I have one..........or maybe two dozen of those!