Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1485462 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-5

I find myself wasting a great deal of time online ... looking at Ancestry.com for more genealogical hints that I know aren't there. :-)   And being hypnotized by my Facebook news feed ... really there's nothing earth shattering there but I still look as there are ALWAYS new posts.  :-)

I have scrapbook pages to get done.  But I'm not feeling the inspiration to layout any pages.   I've made a few more face masks for DD#1 and DD#2 but need to dredge up the energy to find a box, pack it and mail it.  Ugh.

Don't talk to me about housework.  Ugh.   When we cleaned out the garage (AND IT'S STILL CLEAN AND ORGANIZED!!), I produced a BIG pile of useful stuff that I had earmarked for thrift stores ... but they remain closed.  Mr Pirate has started making comments on how the pile in  front of the garage is starting to irritate him ... and I fully disagree.  I would just feel very badly if these items went to the dumps instead.  :-(

On an academic level, I really do want to restart my daily walks.  But ... oh, you knew that was coming, right?  .. the weather continues to be too warm for that.  I'm not that much of a masochist to want to go for a walk in too-warm weather.

Over all, I have a big case of the "meh".  Complete blah.  I think about doing some longarm quilting, to get a UFO completed .. but then think that those scrapbook pages aren't going to get done by themselves.

There's a reason why we just languish during the Dog Days of Summer.  But this year we also have extra reasons.  I'll surface again when it's cooler.  LOL  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-5

not directed at any one in particular ... but .. if you hear your name being whispered ....  :-)

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

not directed at any one in particular ... but .. if you hear your name being whispered ....  :-)

Yup I have one..........or maybe two dozen of those!

viola (sissly4)

Aug-5

So far they found out that her kidneys are not working so they had to drain her until just a few minutes ago they put in a catheter and hopefully that will work instead of them going in and draining her there's just an Uber for other things test that there are taking that is not good but they haven't really got down nitty-gritty yet find out what her problem is because she went into three weeks ago for the same thing as she ran in Tuesday so they got to find out what's going on the family is also looking for an assisted living for her and she's just not able to take care of herself so keep praying that they will find something and and fix it

bornblesse2

Aug-5

Glendale Mulqueens is open by appt.   due to size, they need to limit persons.

i am going back one day a week for a while.  They have a worker out for 6-10 weeks.  I will be filling online orders which is keeping them swamped!  

bornblesse2

Aug-5

Well, I am glad I am not  alone in my laziness!  My yard and garden is also really suffering!  This heat has just been too much.  I figure when it cools in Sept or Oct I will get more plants in.

bornblesse2

Aug-5

Well, Rick and I have been walking several days a week.  I won’t mention what ungodly hour we get to go.....I know it would wilt you!

as far as the mailing, I have two quilts to get boxed and mailed!  I even have the boxes, just need to get that done too!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Aug-5

bornblesse2 said:

I have two quilts to get boxed and mailed!  I even have the boxes, just need to get that done too!

I have been VIRTUOUS!!   I actually drove to the PO to get both packages mailed. 

I don't know why I resist going there.  Maybe because it's SO FAR away?  Literally, a 2 minute drive.  :-)