Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1477825 views.
LABFIEND

Aug-8

Don't worry about it!  It's too hot to do much, I can always use it to seed the next load.  I think the 17th is the day, have to check and see if my cousins will be there, for a wave from the porch!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-14

Thanks, Viola.  We are home now.  We have her moving forward.  She was so overwhelmed she was paralyzed.  I'm still talking to her daily.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-14

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

kind of you to physically go there. 

It was absolutely what she needed.   She was ready for a mental breakdown.  Long story but I could kick my brother in the butt for leaving things this messed up!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-14

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

you being there for her will make a difference.

It did make a difference.  We are continuing to help her and may need to go back up there.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-14

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

Made it to Colorado and the RV.

Glad you made it safely.  Heat is exhausting!  Should be cooler there.

It much hotter in Colorado than our house in New Mexico. Our house is at 7300 ft elevation so 90 is really hot there. It is also much more humid in Colorado. There are two big fires on the other side of the rockies so we are getting a lot of smoke.

On the bright side I have been on the longarm all week and making good progress on my current improv quilt.

viola (sissly4)

Aug-15

Glad you were able to help her.That why I go to help Anita.She has nobody here.Her bro is stepping in to help.Anita end up putting in a pacemaker.She is now in a rehab.I don't think  she is coming back to her house.Her bro is checking her finances and see where they can send her to .She is not able to take care of her self.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-17

bornblesse2 said...

is anyone else having trouble getting motivated to accomplish things?

Yes!  I seem to just move in slow motion.  Sometimes I just go into my sewing room and just sit and look around.  I have printed patterns to organize and file; wool projects to trace and prep; 3 baby quilts to make and send; a wedding quilt to quilt and gift; a 2020 HS graduation to piece/quilt/gift; oh and, housework in addition to run my Mom to errands and appointments.  And here I sit with my guys...  always an excuse!!  

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-17

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said...

You can't get motivated to pack, and I can't get motivated to UN-pack!

LOL!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Aug-17

You are right!  This crazy and extended heat wave and weird weather makes it very difficult to get to Lizzie in the garage.  Before the heat got bad I cleaned up the errant stuff that had accumulated in front of the machine as I was piecing these last few months.  Now I'm ready to go and it is in the upper 90s most days and not cooling off at night as it usually does when we get the coastal temps come over the Santa Cruz hills.  It will get better again but in the mean time I trudge along.