Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 2119914 views.

That is super cute! Love the colors :)

I don't know the young girl. Her name is Lily. My friend Judy and I who helped make the quilt with me know her only as the daughter of a friend of a friend. She is on several prayer chains in our community. Her diagnosis is not good. She kind of grabbed my heart as I read more and more about her on Facebook . So Judy and I decided to make this quilt. We gave it to her grandfather to deliver to her and we understand she was quite delighted with it. I think it blessed both Judy and myself each square and strip that we made.

It sure is bright and cheerful. Really pretty.

viola (sissly4)

10/10/20

That is pretty.I want to try and make a quilt like that.

latterberry

10/10/20

Viola--are you still in Illinois?

Midkid5

10/10/20

Bright, pretty and very thoughtful of your friend and you to make it for Lily.

Jo

You can watch the video on Jordan Fabrics. The name of the pattern is Hanging Gardens.

Judy (DJZMOM)

10/10/20

lppenguins said...

the one (quilt) we got for our gives, came in the mail, a complete surprise about 6 months after we married. I told Toby it was a baby quilt, he said “Bull” why would you say that?  I said the back is Holly Hobby. She knew, she passed before either of our kids were born. ♥?

How special!!  A bit of love anticipated for a new family generation.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

10/10/20

Your filled with wooden spools full of colors is delightful!  You didn't steal Teresa's idea... 

you just didn't recreate the wheel.