Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1889205 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/15/21

I can't speak to the Poke-a-dots but since the Thimble Pads are suede, they DO help grip the needle quite nicely. 

bornblesse2

3/15/21

Suze, there are also finger cots for handsewing...I sure hope the treatments don’t stop your handsewing!  I would be at a lose to not be able to do any!

or, just remember to limit how long you spend in a session and not let yourself work too long?  But it may take a bit of experimenting with that time limit.

bornblesse2

3/15/21

I just got my first Covid shot!  Yippee, glad to be getting the extra protection.  But, I also have a dental appointment, mammogram, Dexa scan, and a colonoscopy over the next month!  By the end of April I should have a clean board of health!  
geeze, nothing like getting it all scheduled and soon to be done!

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

3/15/21

I wonder if your issue is grabbing the needle?  When I've hand quilting that is what gets me - I use the finger cots - tips off of latex or nitril gloves work too - just something to make your fingers more grabby so you don't have to hold as hard or pull as strongly.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/15/21

Dee, I recently bought this pattern from an Australian site and thought of you.  She has directions for both raw edge and needleturn applique.  The sizes range from a lap quilt (67"x67"), large lap quilt (80"x80" ... WAITAMINIT!!  She's calling an 80x80 quilt a "large lap"???  Holy moley!  I'm refraining from further comments!  LOL!), and a queen size (92"x92").

These applique pieces are *large* and even the queen size wouldn't take forever to finish.  :-)

website link: https://www.freebirdquiltingdesigns.com.au/?s=modern+mandala 

I'm VERY interested in starting .. BUT!  no no no!   I am already working on a small Forever Project and have that quail needleturn started and queued up!  LOL!

Suze (casuzenn)

3/15/21

hum... I might have some nitrile gloves I could experiment with....

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

3/15/21

Yup, that one is in my notebook as a possible forever project. Thanks

lppenguins

3/15/21

Oh no, it’s beautiful, I hope you find it!

I need to measure all mine, it’s a good idea. 
and I’d be more tempted to grab one and load it if I have extra time.