Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1893015 views.
lppenguins said:

my test results are in, it was malignant breast cancer called “Invasive Ductal Carcinoma”.

i had tthe same DX 20 years ago. I won't kid you it wasn't necessarily a very pleasant year BUT it was doable. And I've been NED (No Evidence of Disease) ever since.  Medicine and research has changed a great deal in 20 years so hopefully it will be easier now than it was then. But as I said it was doable.  So I encourage you to be brave and expectant of a happy outcome.  prayers coming your way. 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/16/21

I FOUND MY "LOST" QUILT TOP!   woo hoo!

I had stuffed it in a bag with the quilted show-n-tell quilt ... the ONE bag that I hadn't actually upended because .. you know .. it only had that one big quilt in it.  :-)

Whew!  I was really beginning to think that I had tossed the bag I "knew" it was in, thinking it was garbage.  I'm glad I have it back.

That makes a grand total of *72* tops ready to quilt.  :-)

Suze (casuzenn)

3/16/21

whooohoo!

and ...it WAS in the last place you would ever think to look!

That is awesome news. I am always amazed at places I find my missing stuff.

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

3/17/21

Congrats on finding your missing top, I really like that one too. And what a relief.

But holey moley batman, that is a lot of tops.smile

bornblesse2

3/17/21

I am so, so, so glad you found your quilt top!  Those things just bug your brain until they get found!

Suze (casuzenn)

3/17/21

Coban is a bust...it won't stay on my finger when I stitch.

The doeskin tip is ok...but I can see me wearing thru it too quickly.

Have to try the nitrile gloves...those are easier to replace! and I have to find the suede dots though I remember not being too impressed ...but maybe this might be a different type of situation.

Sharp twinges in my fingers have gone away(Yay)...I might just have to limit my time doing hand quilting...

Oh...and it seems the chemo treatment might just be working...got the lowest M-Spike since we started tracking.