Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1891170 views.

So, today I pulled out a UFO rfom a quilt drawer and started working. I’m nearly finished with it...it’s a kitschy 40’s style Christmas quilt. ?? I know it's not most of ya'll's taste, but it's fu and I'm bored o the ones I have! They're mostly 15-20 years old. Decided to try a new style for Christmas. :D 

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

3/25/21

Wow, what an eventful trip! But I have toask where is that picture? I kept hoping it woukd be at the bottom relaxed

I met a group of C's friends when the carful stopped by on the way to Ski in NM. They were all very nice, but have 5 young men in my kitchen at 1 in the morning was interesting.  

lppenguins

3/26/21

Thanks Ami, that means so much. I’m sure going to need them. 

lppenguins

3/26/21

Oh no! I know how that is for sure! I threw my left hand out at retreat, messed it up but good. Lol. I did it, Ellen did it, violas done it too!

Maybe we can have someone come to the next retreat and teach us tender aged young ladies how to tuck and roll. Lol

speedy recovery

Judy (DJZMOM)

3/26/21

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

And then to top it all of with a broken wrist.  Judy, I'm shaking my head at you.

Yeah...  You, David, DJ and many others...

Can you have no more adventures for a while, please?  :-)

That's my goal!

David was so diligent in retracing your steps to find the errant box.  I'm so glad that he was able to find it.  Whew.

Yes.  He felt so very foolish and badly for not paying attention.  But he was trying to manage me, all of our luggage and then the car I'd reserved and prepaid for was not available and a replacement was not going to be available for at least a couple of hours at 10:30pm after a FULL day of travel.  I felt like I hadn't done the little I could do like COUNT the baggage.  

Be we made it through and tried not to let it dampen our weekend.  Even knowing it was in the back of both of our minds.

All's well that ended well as the machine is back in CO near where she was likely purchased for D's mom as a young bride.

Judy (DJZMOM)

3/26/21

LABFIEND said...

don't ya know we are not suppose to be doing things like falling!!

You sound like my mother!

Judy (DJZMOM)

3/26/21

viola (sissly4) said...

I am glad you found your sewing machine.I would had a heartattack.

Thanks.  I was so grateful.  But I finally satisfied myself... if we didn't get the machine back (as sentimental as it is to us) someone needed it more or the $$ from selling it more than I did.

viola (sissly4) said...

Sorry about your wrist. It will be a while before you will be able to sew.

Thanks again.  But I hope I can do some basic sewing.  I have fabric here for a quick jelly roll race baby quilt I want to add 2.5" cobblestones to.  I hope to try this weekend.

Judy (DJZMOM)

3/26/21

lppenguins said...

I’ll know more by the end of next week. It seems to be draggging but I know it’s not. Blah

(((((((( hugs )))))))))))  Holding you close.

Judy (DJZMOM)

3/26/21

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said...

I hope your wrist heals well and quickly. I will be praying for you.

Thanks Ami.  

I also wanted to apologize for not contacting you while we're here.  We've been doing necessary errands and meetings and DH's Aunt and Uncle and cousin and his wife (also a quilter) are coming up from Denver to check things out Saturday. So we've been trying to make the house more "occupied" looking rather than a barren, hollow box.

It may not work this time unless you want to try for Monday or Tuesday.

Judy (DJZMOM)

3/26/21

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said...

I am so happy DH found the 301!!!!!! That is quite the story!

Thanks!  As each day passed with no word I became more sure it was gone.

I guess it goes into our "Adventures with David & Judy" documentary.  It's sure to be either a thriller or comedy.  Most likely the latter!