Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1892643 views.
lppenguins

4/9/21

I was going to type that exact same thing but wanted to read all the posts before posting. Lol

i needed a chuckle!

lppenguins

4/9/21

Can’t we just have a retreat at Carolyn’s???

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

4/9/21

lppenguins said:

Can’t we just have a retreat at Carolyn’s???

sounds good to me.

LABFIEND

4/9/21

Mishii said:

KSCarolyn said: I'm inviting you and we are definitely going to talk about them. woohoo!  On my way!

This is going to be trouble!!!!!!

LABFIEND

4/9/21

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

If you are going to Prescott,  will you be going thru Phoenix at all.  We could get a group to meet up for lunch/dinner/anything.

I wish, but I am planning on a quick trip to Prescot (have to visit sister and Dad!!) and then back to New Mexico for fun with Hilda, Pat and Patti!  Maybe next time!  Or you can come to Kansas!!

KSCarolyn

4/9/21

You guys have been the bright spot in this mess that I'm in right now.  You make me laugh and I'm so grateful for all of you.  This is probably the worst experience of my life.  I'm just waiting for an appointment with the new doctor since my neurosurgeon retired with no warning.  I hope I hear something today about an appointment.  Around my house, I use my walker but if I have to go for an appointment anywhere I have to use a wheelchair since I don't trust my legs not to give out on me.  Today is a red-letter day for me.  My dear daughter-in-law is taking me to get a pedicure and manicure.  I need the pedicure so bad because I can't reach my feet and my toenails are terrible.  

You guys are the best.

Carolyn

I know what you mean about the toenails.  I haven't had a proper "real" pedicure for more than a year, and my feet - especially toenails - look dreadful!  It really IS important for one's health - and not just mental health!  I will feel SO much better when I get a good pedicure and can wear my flip-flops again.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

4/9/21

Thanks Suze.  I've been able to wiggle my fingers since surgery so I'm trying to type and do what I can with them.  Today was hair wash day.  Took time but finally got put together.  A plastic bag over your hand and up to the elbow held on with a rubber band works but is a bit inhibiting.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

4/9/21

hahahahaha

I hope her grand daughter is there to document that pose when Carolyn tries that!

Judy (DJZMOM)

4/9/21

How are you doing Laura?  Do you and your Drs have a plan of attack yet?