Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1921765 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

5/21/21

What wonderful pics!  I'm so glad to see so many of my favorite friends together smiling!!  Blessings to you Viola as you move to TN.  I'm sure you will make many more special quilting friends there too!

Did you all make Laura a comfort quilt?  It is delightful!  And it looks like it is working already.  

Judy (DJZMOM)

5/21/21

How very nice for you!  Do you know who is in the other part of the duplex?

Judy (DJZMOM)

5/21/21

Laura, where did you grow up?  Sounds like you have wonderful memories.  I'm praying for you too my friend.  

ETA:  YAY YOU!!!  I just read Kim's post to share all the cancer is gone!!!!!  

Judy (DJZMOM)

5/21/21

I'm so glad you are looking forward to your new adventure with such excitement!  

And....   YES!!!  You'll need to plan to return to the retreat!!!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

5/21/21

Hi friends!  I've been doing little with my bum wrist but saw the surgeon Monday (6 wks post op) who said I'm doing better than most at this stage.  I have really good movement in my fingers and in most motion in the wrist itself.  It still isn't quite healed all the way as he can still see a bit of the break.  So I don't have to wear the brace around the house or sitting watching TV etc.  But when I go out in public and on uneven ground (Or when I feel less stable on my feet).  I couldn't wait any longer so last week I began sewing a bit on a jelly roll race style quilt for a baby quilt.  I cut all the strips in half to get more variety and put a 2.5" square between each one but now I'm not sure I should have done that.  Now I have a long narrow top.  I'm thinking about cutting one of the halves and adding to each side with a strip of the fabric from the 2.5" "stones" along each section.  Sorry...  just thinking out loud.  

Other than that I'm NEEDING to get in and clean out my sewing room a bit.  I let it get too messy...  again.  When DJ returns to school on Monday (he's been home for a couple of weeks before his summer session begins) I will try to clean up and move stuff temporarily to his room so I can reorganize and purge a bit.

We don't have immediate plans to travel to our place in CO but it is fun when David looks at the cameras he set up and we can see out front and out back to see what it looks like in the spring.  There are iris coming up in the planter out front!!

Patty, I haven't finished the email to you about leaving the Coke plates for Shelley somewhere.  But the short answer is....  yes, I think I know where you can leave them!

LABFIEND

5/21/21

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

Patty, I haven't finished the email to you about leaving the Coke plates for Shelley somewhere.  But the short answer is....  yes, I think I know where you can leave them!  

Excellent, I will  put them in the car, you have till June 3rd  to figure out something!!! course they can always come home again, a little road trip for them.  But hope you figure something out, so I can off load them!!  They will have had quite a trip!

Midkid5

5/21/21

I read so place that if you make a jelly roll race quilt an don't like it to cut it up and add your favorite color sashing.  I cut the one I made in fourths, added sashing and borders. Liked it better but still was not a favorite.

Jo

viola (sissly4)

5/21/21

I just know he is in his early 30's and is single and has a job.

viola (sissly4)

5/21/21

We will see what take place when the retreat come around.

Kim D. (KIMDIG)

5/21/21

Hi Judy, it sounds like you had a surgery on your wrist and everything is healing well.  Good for you!  Thinking of you and hoping for a speedy recovery!  I haven't caught up on the messages and may not, so not sure what happened.  Did you break it?

I'm glad you were able to sew on a baby quilt, the jelly roll race is a quick and easy one to make.  I have seen one like you mentioned with the 2.5" squares between the strips and I really liked it.  The one I saw was made with pretty pastel colors so I saved a photo of it from online somewhere for future reference.  Hmmm, wonder if I could find it now. Ha ha!  Maybe I printed the photo out and put it in a file.   We would enjoy seeing your baby quilt when you get it finished or even the top.  

I haven't been able to sew on the quilt I was working on at retreat yet.  Life has been busy here with work and my dmil.  Our awesome caregiver friend who was here for 8 months decided she was homesick and went home a few weeks back.  (She lives out of state) We supplied an apartment and vehicle for her to drive.  We have hired a couple more caregivers who are working out well to fill in that void, but between training them and taking over in the mornings that first hour or so I don't get as much work done.  We have decided to take a vacation this summer with friends, so I am really looking forward to it.  We definitely need a respite after 3-1/2 years of taking care of dmil.  My break for retreat wasn't quite long enough.  :)