Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1924161 views.
MelRN

Jun-6

So, I pulled out my black/bright swap blocks...and they were a mess! wrinkled, sloppy, smelly...half put together in some weird way...who knows what the pattern was...oh, my!! Got them all out of the baggies, sorted and...gave up! Not for today! LOL!!! 

LABFIEND

Jun-6

Well, they made it to Ft Collins, Judy needs to get out there and mow!!

I never took things out of the boxes, so don't  know what is broken. But never dropped the boxes--LOL, so don't  know what is broken.

But, Pirate, they are at Judy's place,  so now to you can arrange to get them!

Makes a good story!!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-6

LABFIEND said:

But, Pirate, they are at Judy's place,  so now to you can arrange to get them!

I imagine that the next time that Judy & David make a trip to Fort Collins *and* if they can figure out a way to transport them back to California, I can do a road trip to her house to pick them up.  :-)

it *is* a good story!

Jonna ... how is it that you had them originally?

My friends had a huge, beautiful house that they designed and built themselves several years ago in a location that was like being "out in the country" but was still convenient to shopping, healthcare, etc.  To me, it would have been a great "forever" house and I thought that was where they intended to retire, but a few years ago they decided to downsize and move back to the DFW Metroplex, to be closer to their two grown children and several grandchildren.  So, they sold the country house and moved into a "city" house that was almost as big as the first one.  They did the opposite of "Green Acres."  LOL  Plus, their idea of downsizing and my idea of downsizing are two different things.  But she did get rid of *some* stuff, which included her collection of Coca Cola items.  When I went to visit her just before they moved, in a moment of weakness, I said I would take some of the Coke items.  Later I realized that I didn't really want any more "stuff" like that, so I just sat on them a while (and no, that's NOT what broke them - haha).  I guess that's about the time you spoke up and said you wanted them, and I was very glad to give them to you.  I remember sending you a message telling you that I would bring them to retreat for you, but it would not be practical to bring them on the plane or try to ship them, because of how heavy and breakable they are.  Then Patty happened to be visiting me right before *I* moved - well, two moves ago - and somehow she got the notion that she could get them to you somehow, because she is always driving all over the US.  And she was picking up a whole LOAD of stuff from me on that trip, so it was easy to just pack them in her pickup too.  And they have been with Patty ever since.  I knew they would eventually end up with someone who wanted them more than I did.  I hope you enjoy them.  

I don't know if I left out any important details, but that's about the gist of it.  LOL  

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-7

JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt) said:

but that's about the gist of it.  LOL  

Which is what I need to tell the story.  :-)   Thanks!

I haven't, but I'm not the best one to ask.  The Arizona ladies would likely hear from her first.  Maybe Laura.  

Midkid5

Jun-7

I was thinking about her this morning too.  Hoping that all is going well with the move.

Jo

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-8

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

I imagine that the next time that Judy & David make a trip to Fort Collins *and* if they can figure out a way to transport them back to California, I can do a road trip to her house to pick them up.  :-)

Or I can bring a plate at a time if they are that heavy and leave a trail of broken parts along the way!  I'll take a look at them when I get there in just over a week and see what I'll do.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-8

Last March when we were in Ft Collins I picked up a "jelly roll" at JoAnn's and three accompanying TOTs to make a baby/toddler quilt for our newly signed on Builder for our house project.  They were expecting their first child at any time in mid March when we were there.  I began it then and just finished piecing the top here at home in CA.  I want to try to get it on Lizzie for simple quilting so I can get the binding attached and do the handwork when we go back later in the month so I can leave it for them.  Here it is and will have a grey backing with the orange-red of the end stones used as the binding.  The top measures about 41"x57" which is larger than I wanted but will last until he is a toddler as the prints include foxes, owls. mushrooms, butterflies and other forest things.