Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1928636 views.
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-19

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said...

push comes to shove, it would be better to have the 2 parcels & sets of bills than need to tear down a perfectly good house.

I agree.  I'd be willing to pay the second set of bills if DH doesn't want to.  But if they require minimums for power and water and our "occasional use" of the second house does not meet we have to run budget numbers to see where they end up.  I hate this.  We thought we had this answered before we closed on the property but further digging since then revealed more questions.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-19

Thanks Yetta.

Btw...  today on FB I saw an announcement that you were married today.  I thought you and Don already had your special commitment ceremony etc.  Did you find another guy to hitch to also?  Big question...  Does your dear Don know?  ;-* 

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-19

KSCarolyn said...

my surgery was a complete success.  I have no pain.  The difficulty is with reactions to the medicine I was on.  I'm getting better, baby steps, baby steps.

I am so GLAD to hear your surgery was very successful.  No Pain!?!?  I imagine you hardly remember what it's like to feel no back pain.  But I'm so very sorry about the other complication.  Shoot...  reactions to medication is just awful to deal with.  

Keep smilin' my friend.  A step at a time will lead to a day at a time!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-19

judyinohio said...

meals will not be fine dining despite being planned by a chef.

My DF moved into an upscale senior citizen place with advertised chef-planned meals but we learned that those meals were required to follow federal guidelines regarding sodium, fat and sugar content and portion sizes with no salt shakers on the table etc.

Yep.  That's all true.  My college degree is in Nutrition, Foods & Dietetics and I had to write many diets for those with special needs that also met Federal and Medical guidelines.  I made that comment about a cruise ship with regard to having all the planned activities and resources at the ready for you.  I guess I should have clarified.  

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-19

KSCarolyn said:

my surgery was a complete success.  I have no pain.  The difficulty is with reactions to the medicine

oh..so glad the surgery went well. Hopefully the medication issues will get worked out soon...so happy you are posting again!

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-19

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

We thought we had this answered before we closed on the property but further digging since then revealed more questions.

man... that is just so detestable...I hope it gets worked out properly...

MelRN

Jul-19

praying for you! ????????

LABFIEND

Jul-19

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

But if they require minimums for power and water and our "occasional use" of the second house does not meet we have to run budget numbers to see where they end up. 

You can have quilt retreats to pay for the utilities-ROTLF!!!!!

judyinohio

Jul-19

Would the house have to be "licensed" for such a commercial use ... is hosting a quilting retreat considered a commercial kind of thing?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-19

Glad you and Don are finally settled.  I'm sure it is a relief.  Bob's step-brother and his wife live in a place like that and are perfectly happy.  I know you will make a lot of new friends.  We aren't quite there yet.