Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 1925936 views.
judyinohio

Jul-19

Would the house have to be "licensed" for such a commercial use ... is hosting a quilting retreat considered a commercial kind of thing?

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-19

Glad you and Don are finally settled.  I'm sure it is a relief.  Bob's step-brother and his wife live in a place like that and are perfectly happy.  I know you will make a lot of new friends.  We aren't quite there yet.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-19

Judy (DJZMOM) said:

I'll put your surgery on my calendar and be praying for your successful surgery and rapid recovery.

Thanks.  It can't come fast enough.  It has gotten much worse since the retreat, both in range of motion and pain.

Msg 2067.24812 deleted
Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-19

Sure hope you can work all this out to your satisfaction.  I agree with the others.  I'd parcel it out if that was the only solution.  I wouldn't want it torn down.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-19

Suze (casuzenn) said...

We thought we had this answered before we closed on the property but further digging since then revealed more questions.

man... that is just so detestable...I hope it gets worked out properly...

Thanks Suze.  We are very frustrated too.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-19

LABFIEND said...

You can have quilt retreats to pay for the utilities-ROTLF!!!!!

Yes!!!

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-19

judyinohio said...

Would the house have to be "licensed" for such a commercial use ... is hosting a quilting retreat considered a commercial kind of thing?

Probably.  And we don't intend to make money off of it (leasing, renting, running a business etc) but we don't know yet.  Thursday we hope to get further clarification specifics without having to wait for another delay due to Covid or administrative hoops.  We'll see.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Jul-19

Cathy (cacnurse1) said...

Sure hope you can work all this out to your satisfaction. 

Thanks Cathy.

lppenguins

Jul-19

Oh gosh yes. I’ve done that too. I found a consignment store for kitchen, furniture, big stuff. Made ok money and got rid of big items. Good luck.