Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Valley of the Sun Quilters   Off-Topic Chat

Started 8/20/15 by KSCarolyn; 2171921 views.
Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

3/22/22

I just figured out how to do the private message - I never look at that.  I sent you one.  let me know if you don't see it.

lppenguins

3/22/22

I got it. Thanks I’ll get it out tomorrow

lppenguins

3/22/22

Wow you’ve been busy!  I wanted a spring garden this year but we’ve just been to busy with our lil guy.  

The only sewing I’ve done is my pillowcase. I tried the “French” way rolling it up, I like that the seams don’t show. 

I did make it to a quilters estate sale with Bobbi this week. Oh man she had beautiful fabric!  It was all quilt store quality and $6 a yard. I did hold back though lol, only got enough for a baby quilt (with Pirate Kitten's!  Shelley you would’ve loved it. I’ll post when I get it done. And a few pieces of delicious oranges. I want to redo my bedroom. 
however, I must actually sew to do it. 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

3/22/22

lppenguins said:

I did hold back though lol, only got enough for a baby quilt (with Pirate Kitten's!  Shelley you would’ve loved it. I’ll post when I get it done.

Looking forward to seeing it!

lppenguins

3/29/22

Sorry Dee and Viola, the logo’s will go out today. 
goodness the days just fly by. Baby from 7:30-5:30 and then flop, face down. Lol

bornblesse2

3/29/22

Hey ya’ll!

i found a box of Denise’s stuff that got hidden!  I’ve gone thru it and inside was a large baggie with the pattern, cut pieces, and some border pieces?  Or something.  Oh, and the template.

i can’t remember,…. Did anyone take pieces of French braid that is unfinished?  If so, we can compare if they go together!

there is also a bag of coordinated fabrics labeled French braid, but it is not started, and not the same.  The pieces are batik!

I do not recall seeing any French braid unfinished pieces or scraps.  I did take a baggie with some purple batiks, but I haven't even had a chance to dump it out and see what is in the bag.  If the batiks you have are purple, they might be related.  Otherwise, no match here.  

I'm working on a Broken Herringbone, which is similar to a French braid, but not the same thing.  I love doing French braids because they go together so fast!  

LABFIEND

3/29/22

I don't remember taking a French braid, but i will look again.  I don't like French braids, so probably would not have taken it, but I will check.

bornblesse2

3/29/22

I don’t really remember a French braid…..I remember Denise was doing one and I remember helping her.  But I never sa2 the completed top.

When I ifound  these pieces, I just wanted to post here in case …..

Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)

3/29/22

no rush - appreciate you sending us.