Latest 11:30 AM by LindaPutt
Latest 10:44 AM by viola (sissly4)
Latest 12:05 AM by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)
Latest Jul-2 by Judy (DJZMOM)
Latest Jul-1 by Suze (casuzenn)
Latest Jun-30 by LindaPutt
Latest Jun-29 by Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto)
Latest Jun-29 by bornblesse2
Latest Jun-27 by DonnaMc
Latest Jun-25 by sueinIL
Latest Jun-24 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR)
Latest Jun-24 by tuckyquilter
Latest Jun-23 by Cathy (cacnurse1)
Latest Jun-22 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1)
Latest Jun-22 by bornblesse2
Latest Jun-21 by latterberry
Latest Jun-16 by Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto)
Latest Jun-15 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1)
Latest Jun-15 by latterberry
Latest Jun-14 by Suze (casuzenn)
Latest Jun-14 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)
Latest Jun-9 by Cathy (cacnurse1)
Latest Jun-9 by sueinIL
Latest Jun-9 by JulietDeltaOscar (fixin2quilt)
Latest Jun-6 by Cathy (cacnurse1)
Latest Jun-5 by judyinohio
I love your red headed, Judy! Several of them in a pot would look like you were a master gardener.
Beautiful, Shelley! I could never have the patience to do that.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:
I loved doing counted cross-stitch on a blank foundation. It was mesmerizing seeing the picture emerge as if by magic, stitch by stitch. I
I totally agree.
Here is a photo of one linen counted cross-stitch that nearly sent me around the bend in 1985. (Those curly things on the large alphabet letters .... shudder! Note that there is no "J" in the alphabet.) I found the kit with linen, floss and instructions in an advertisement in a needlework magazine and had to buy it because it had my DH's name in the design. This pattern claimed to be a copy of a sampler in a museum in Vermont or New Hampshire or some east coast state and while it was not the style of our home I had to buy it because of that name in the middle of the top row of the design. I substituted "1985" for the original date that was in the design and put my initials next to the date.
I just checked my needlework notebook for notes on this project: I worked on it from December, 1984 until April, 1985 and commented that I thought I would never get it done. The kit included pink floss and I substituted rust. (HAH!! Those large letters and small building would have been pink but I have always disliked pink so I did a switcheroo.) This was the first project I made using my new magnifying lamp. (I was 43 years old and ready for bifocals.)
Judy, I really like your orange/red coneflower! Those are neat things to be making! Lol, I need something like that in my hot yard in the August!
I bouht Terial Magic to stiffen fabric so the fabric could be used with my Scan-n-cut .
But for t-shirt quilts instead of using a lightweight stabilizer?? Hmmm. The thought that first popped into my mind was that the stabilizer also allows you to sew and quilt the t-shirts without needing a ballpoint needle.
Now, I do have ballpoint needles for my home machine but don't for my longarm. Off the top of my head, I don't even know if there are ballpoint needles for long arms.
Wouldn't a regular needle (in the longarm) tend to tend to promote the knit t-shirts to run because the knit had been pierced/split?
That video was interesting! I may have to think about that next time I need stabilizer! This fall I may have a couple of T-shirt quilts to make from my nephews shirts - my sis needs some comfort hugs! She misses him so....
Love it! The Red-Headed Judy is my favorite flower!
Beautiful work and fabrics! I admire those of you who have the patience for such tiny, precise work.
So, on Wednesday our guild had a charity sew day and they warned us that they were bringing strips to be made into tops!
i took this bundle of 2” x about 15” strips and sewed them into blocks. Then cut them into rectangles and framed half of them with yellow 1 1/2” strips that were there. I cut a few black strips and framed the other half.
i got the blocks made at Sew day. Came home and put the blocks together! Fun quilt for some boy!
I have about the same same amount of similar strips in red and orange prints. Another may need to be made in some pattern....lhummmmm.