Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 168886 views.
bornblesse2

Jul-30

I’d say we should help each other, but I have wade thru the stuff just sitting outside the area first!  That will be an unhappy job when I return home!  Although maybe I will be so eager to sew again that I make short work of it!  I can hope....

tuckyquilter

Jul-31

Today 7-3-19, I continued work on trying to "fix" some cute Disney quilts. The person who made them has made these messes for years I'm told. She ignores all suggestions like " you can make better seams IF you use a 1/4" foot and pressing as you go will help you see your mistakes right away so they can be fixed.  NAW.. suggestions are ignored. Too bad as she spend good money for these failures. and I won't be accepting anymore.  She pays a dry cleaner to "press the tops" which causes even more damage to the seams. egads..   My little student has been helping me, and at 9 yrs and only 2 yrs of sewing/quilting, she is appalled at the lack of workmanship.

Quilt binding.. Oh wait.. it's already BEEN quilted.THIS binding is not even attached on the front.  BUT this is one of the better seams.  There are even bigger unsewn ones in the middle of the quilt.

Sewing with thread is WAY overrated. I'll just glue this sucker with Super GLue and no one will notice.  yes, the person actually did glue this.

I'm trying to figure out if this person just doesn't like people "telling her about the errors" or just doesn't give a crap. There is only ONE LA person who will even touch her quilts anymore.  I think that LA'er is doing all of us a major disfavor.  I won't be accepting anymore quilts. What a shame as she uses beautiful fabric.  Her heart is in the right place but not her seams.. if they even hold together.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-31

wow. Just ... wow.

Great narrative, btw.  :-)

latterberry

Jul-31

Thank you.  They have been a while in the making--just finally got around to taking a photo.  

can you refuse them?  Or tell her you will no loner take them?  I'm guessing she doesn't care about the quality so is puzzled why others would care.  Maybe she's thinking "oh they are donation quilts, it doesn't matter".  Same reason why some people "donate" unusable goods to other charities.  A bit insultinging really.

those are lovely Lynne.  I've only made 1 and I was kind of nervous wreck about the red & white.  It turned out fine, but I don't know that I'll ever do another one.

some people just can't be bothered to take a few extra steps to do something well.........I am wired the total opposite and everything has to be just perfect or I will rip it out and do it again, and again if need be.

judyinohio

Jul-31

I found a few people had that attitude when they donated fabric/quilts to Project Linus. It was an arrogant attitude on the part of the person making the donation IMHO.  "I am doing a good deed for the poor children" was the attitude.

I asked one woman, "Would you give this to your own grandchild?" and she got all huffy and said "Of course not" and left the room. I threw a few mental daggers at her back.

Midkid5

Jul-31

Sue

Do you remember what year you made the Book Nerd quilt?

Jo

sueinIL

Jul-31

HI, Jo,

Just went back through pictures saved on my Kindle.  I was working on it in March and April of 2017.  Are you looking for the pattern?

Sue in IL