Latest Sep-19 by Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto)
Latest Sep-19 by viola (sissly4)
Latest Sep-19 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)
Latest Sep-18 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1)
Latest Sep-18 by Mishii
Latest Sep-18 by Misha (MISHAMISHA)
Latest Sep-16 by Suze (casuzenn)
Latest Sep-16 by Judy (DJZMOM)
Latest Sep-15 by Cathy (cacnurse1)
Latest Sep-14 by judyinohio
Latest Sep-11 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1)
Latest Sep-5 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1)
Latest Sep-4 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3)
Latest Sep-4 by Suze (casuzenn)
Latest Sep-2 by sueinIL
Latest Sep-2 by LABFIEND
Latest Aug-31 by Sandy in TX (Centergranny)
Latest Aug-30 by Mel Harris (MelHarris1)
Latest Aug-29 by Cathy (cacnurse1)
Latest Aug-28 by Cathy (cacnurse1)
Latest Aug-28 by Judy (DJZMOM)
Latest Aug-23 by KSCarolyn
Latest Aug-23 by Suze (casuzenn)
Latest Aug-22 by latterberry
Latest Aug-21 by tuckyquilter
Latest Aug-21 by Pirate (PIRATE_SR)
Latest Aug-20 by Judy (DJZMOM)
I had that trouble a while back when I was looking for my thread conditioner! Found it a week later....
I finally did find the blue fabric I ordered from Amazon for the Lotto Blocks. Yay!
well, maybe "excuse" wasn't the right term. A reason to make a quilt for a specific purpose, rather than just because I saw something pretty.
Today is a Lazy, Hazy, Drizzly, Chilly (for me) day in the neighborhood. Just doing mindless sewing of Microwave Cozies. These are the first round of fabrics. I bought a bunch of 1/2 yd cuts at some point in history. Dug them out today.
Also live in chat - although rarely is anyone there.
Those are pretty fabrics. I want to make some of those holders. Maybe in the new year.
They are so easy to make. That's why I call them "mindless". AND it's a great way to eliminate smaller pieces of fabric too. This gal shows you how to measure and make for any size bowl you want. I played with the measuring and made a couple of rectangular ones.
Thank you! I've bookmarked the tutorial to give it a try after the holidays.
I love the microwave cozies. I'm about out and need to make more. I keep handing them out. Your fabrics should make nice ones.
I have been dabbling in quilting these days. I'm procrastinating on the organizing the photos & documentation I have for the next heritage scrapbook album (which would be for Mr. Pirate's maternal grandparents).
I *had* resumed working on my Hawaiian applique Forever Project ™ but I've only started that so there aren't many blocks right now. My heart just wasn't in it at this time. So I tucked that project away in its box .. but still keeping it in plain sight so I don't forget about it!
Instead, I was looking for something else and rediscovered a long ago hexi project that had been put on hiatus. I've been using EPP for this project and had smooshed all the hexi flower units together into one humongous mass. I know I didn't have a specific plan in mind, which sometimes results in a less than stellar result. BUT .. this one is still inspiring. Notes say that I had started this project prior to Sept 2016.
I knew that I had not planned on doing the ENTIRE quilt of smooshed hexies. I had a photo of an inspiration piece that showed the smooshed hexis surrounded by a large border, which effectively gives the quilt nice straight edges instead of the zig-zags that hexies produce. I found another inspiration photo that gives me other ideas on what to do with a wide border.
Right now, the smooshed hexies measure 52" wide by 47" long. I'll increase the length to 60". At that point, I'll need to think about what kind of background fabric I want for those borders .. something that will look good with all the various colors of the hexie flower units. I've given some thought to an ombre background .. radiating from light to dark at the outer edge. One inspiration photo has two different but compatible fabrics for the border and that's another possibility.
I'll put some applique vines & flowers & leaves .. or something .. in the border. :-) That's another decision that I can defer at this point.
Below is the smooshed hexies at its current size (52"w x 47"l). I think I need 3 more rows of hexies, each row needing 12 hexies. So, potentially only 36 more hexies to bring it up to size. Then, I've also been playing around with the idea of putting green partial hexies on the edges to make the edge straighter. This is another decision that I can defer until later.
and this is a pile of prepped hexies, ready to be sewn into flower units.