Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 243548 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-31

Cathy (cacnurse1) said:

A smaller size might get quilted sooner?.......

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!  Omg, Cathy!  You are hysterical! 

You could put the blocks in a row of 4 on all sides and have a larger square in the center to do one larger block.

Put them all on point and alternate with blank blocks.

Whatever you do it will be a really pretty quilt.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Mar-31

Ami_Quilts (sewingupasto) said:

You could put the blocks in a row of 4 on all sides and have a larger square in the center to do one larger block.

oh.  ah.  hmmmm.   thinking.  :-)

Those are gorgeous!! You could do some pieced blocks between...something with QST's, or 4 patch chain, or simple 9 patch, or even do blank ones and do a pretty LA quilting in it? 

latterberry

Apr-1

Oh, Pirate--those are beyond stunning!  I stand in awe of your work!  No matter how you put them together, the quilt will be gorgeous.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Apr-1

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

Bwahahahahahaha!!!!  Omg, Cathy!  You are hysterical

LOL!

tuckyquilter

Apr-1

Yes, getting into the habit.. I am just as much a slowpoke as the next.  I've been spending less time in chats and more on the machines.. Trying to really get some things caught up and gone. Way to many UFOs in the mix.

Midkid5

Apr-2

Do you have any trick or tips for getting a sharp pencil tip point on a piece of applique?  Haven't done much hand applique and this piece will be washed on a regular basis.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-2

Midkid5 said:

Do you have any trick or tips for getting a sharp pencil tip point on a piece of applique?

Jo, I use either a Sewline (mechanical) pencil or any old .5mm or .7mm mechanical pencil.

I also have a General's white chalk pencil that I use but you gotta sharpen it frequently, as it doesn't keep a point.  General's is a brand of chalk pencils that artists use and you can find them in any art supply store.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-2

Having decided on a layout for my Hawaiian Applique blocks, I have been steadily working on the sashing (3 piece strip sets) and mini 9-patches for the intersections.  Here's the progress so far.   Next step: the border.  Although I have a kinda/sorta, more-or-less, general idea for that, the details still need to be settled. :-)