Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 267335 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

the first block was done in February 2020. The last block was in 4/2020 and I finished stitching the border today, 4/7/2020.

Looks great but you can't call it a forever project. Well maybe you can because there is still the quilting...............

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-8

I have discovered that some Forevers can be longer (or shorter) than others! LOL!

LOL ... can't wait to see the "luscious chicken" ...

At one point you mentioned the lady whose method you use for your needle turn appliqué, but I forgot to make a note of it.  Would appreciate if you would repeat her name please.  Thanks.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-8

Nancy Lee Chong of Pacific Rim Quilting Company.  Specifically,  look at their "2 Fabric" patterns. 

*THIS* is the pattern that changed my applique life in 2007:  http://piraterodgers.com/quilting/2007-08-Peace-wallhanging/index.htm

Hi again!  Thanks, that's great information!  Nice also to learn how you got into this method.  I like to have some ongoing "hand" work, so this could work for me.

Up til now, I've done some very simple appliqué work, but maybe I'm ready for something more complex.

I finished this little baby quilt this week.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-8

Cute little peak a boo bunny!  Love the colors!

tuckyquilter

Apr-10

Cute quilt and I love the peekaboo bunny.

Thanks Tucky!

How are things out your way ?  It's snowing here right now, so sure doesn't look like Easter weekend.

According to latest projections here, we senior ladies (and guys too) are going to be in self-isolation for a while yet.

Happy Easter!