Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 479672 views.

I will check them out. I am always on the lookout of where to get stuff. Thanks!

latterberry

May-11

I'm still plugging along at trying to diminish the size of my tub of black and whites.  This is just one of those quick and easy one.  Now to take time to get the other black and whitie tops quilted. 

judyinohio

May-11

Oh, Lynne, that one is really cute ... dare I say "charming" .... with all of those four patches?  I think you must grin a lot when you put a quilt top like that together.

VERY nice B&W&B quilt!  Maybe I can use some of my B&W stash to do something similar.  Thanks!  

since I was cutting all weekend, I decided to sew last night.  I started on this pattern.  I really like how it's coming out.  I've sewn all the blocks I had cut.  But I need more 2.5" squares for 10 more 9 patch blocks.   So I'm going to have to go through and cut more strips off my yardage to get more squares - not sure where the scraps all went, guess I used them all up on other recent quilts.  And honestly I'm very tired of cutting and folding.  So I'm going to put this one away for a while and work on one of the other kits.  If I can stand leaving something unfinished.  I also need more triangles for one of the other kits.  So maybe I'll work on that one next until I run out, then cut triangles and squares from the same yardage.

Yup pulling out and cutting fabric is not too bad but then having to refold it and put it away is not fun. Also pressing is not my favorite either.

I wish I could finish each quilt as I start it. I am improving though. I do not have any newer UFO'S because I have made more effort recently to finish stuff. 

latterberry

May-12

Well, thank you!  Sometimes you just want something easy and mindless to work on.

latterberry

May-12

Thank you!  I get a lot of y inspirations from here too.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

May-12

Here's the latest progress on my at-home Forever Project, "A Gathering of Quails".  These rows are 39" long by 12" high.   The pattern calls for 4 of these rows plus 3 alternating rows of appliqued eggs.  All of the rows are surrounded by a narrow border, then a wider border.  The finished project is approximately 49"x57".

That is a small project for me.  I'm not sure how "useful" such a size would be.  Since it's needleturn, it's not going to be a charity quilt ... yep, I'm just that selfish.  :-)

I've been mulling a couple of ideas to enlarge it.   
A twin size is about 65"x95.   For this enlargement, I could add one more quail row and one more egg row, then put another 8" border around everything.  This is the simplest idea. 

Anything larger would require a LOT more applique work and clever manipulation of borders to make it look right.  I'm not sure I'm up to working on something quite that ambitious at this point.  I *do* have another applique project in the wings.  :-)

So, I'm leaning heavily towards a twin enlargement.  :-)