Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 475791 views.

Shelley, your quilting is beautiful.   

judyinohio

Jun-11

My goodness, what a lot of work you are doing for someone who claims she is lazy. The quilting is looking very spectacular from where I sit.

I'm anxious to see the quilt when it is off the frame and draped over a bed for us all to see.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-11

and *this* quilt is absolutely gonna be **FOR US**.   It's the first EPP hexie quilt I made and it's king sized.  One of my daughters (whoever is favorite at the time!  LOL!) can get it when I'm dead.  :-)

Thank you for the complement on the quilting.  The continuous curves in the hexies weren't too bad, just a lot of ruler work, which I rather enjoy, as it's mechanical .. no thinking involved.   But those pebbles!   Holy smokes.  Gotta make 'em different sizes to help disguise the fact that in no way can I make them all uniform when I'm doing them freehand.  And then throw in a few spirals here and there, just to break up the monotony of the pebbles.

Mr. Pirate came in to look over my shoulder as I was doing the pebbles.  He walks out, muttering "that's too tedious!", to which I said, in my brain, "you oughtta see it from my side!"  LOL!

Midkid5

Jun-12

The quilt is beautiful.  Are pebbles not just small stones? I've never walked a gravel road and found any uniformity in the stones.

Jo

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-12

Oh, look!  I've completed my first row of eggs .... there will be a row of eggs between each of the quail rows.  :-)

latterberry

Jun-12

Your quilting and piecing never cease to amaze me!

It is looking fabulous! Your feathers look really nice. I love how you outlined the hexi shapes.

Wow you really got that row if eggs done fast. You really can't keep calling these projects forever projects. 

judyinohio

Jun-12

I once did  a small wall hanging on Cecil Faye where I found myself holding my breath too much as I tried to maintain consistent size with pebbles. It was very cute when it was done but it was my one and only adventure with stitching those d----d little bubbles or pebbles. Can't imagine using them on a king-sized bed quilt.