Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 474587 views.

I bet you are glad to get that huge real estate off your quilt frame!!!! I have a 14' frame and have actually had 4 quilts on there that took up all the usable space. True story I have also loaded rug mugs on this frame LOL!!! Your quilt is beautiful and I am sure your DD will treasure it on her bed. Now go load the next quilt ASAP so you will have it there when you are ready to quilt again. Loading is my least favorite part of longarming so I always try to get a quilt loaded as soon as I take one off. There have been time when they sit there for a long time but when I feel ready to quilt that part is done and it is ready to go.

I have a blue and orange mountain majesty quilt loaded on my frame and have already done quite a bit on it so far but I am in New Mexico AGAIN for a few days so it is waiting for me to get back to Colorado.

My longest forever project I started in 1998 and bound in 2018 or so was my handquilted wolf. I actually made the binding when I pieced the quilt way back in 1998 and I managed to keep track of it all those years so it was ready to go when I finally got to that step many years later.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-17

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I've completed my first row of eggs

I'm sure the girl quails are looking down to find their eggs.wink

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-17

Mishii said:

And then I bought a Freddie.

Haven't heard of that.  Sure hope you enjoy it.  You will use it.  Did you finish Sandy's quilt or did you save it for the new machine?  Enjoy!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-17

Pirate (PIRATE_SR) said:

I am FINISHED with the quilting!

I looks great!  Hooray for finishing!  Well, almost finishing.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jun-18

Along with quilting the Hexagon Forever Project, I have also been working on my needleturn applique Forever Project, "A Gathering of Quails".

I am pleased to say that the interior applique of the rows of quail and the rows of eggs has now been completed. :-)

Next up .... a small, narrow, contrasting border.  Because of the unevenness of the strips I cut, I may need to rip out some of the eggs on the ends and re-applique them.  Fortunately, the eggs are small and it's not a huge or arduous problem.

After the contrast border comes a wider border in the (allegedly) the same fabric as was used in the rows.  I'm not exactly sure how much of that fabric I have left, as I hadn't bought the background fabric for this project and only used it because I had it and it looked like it would be enough.   And, actually, it WOULD be enough, if I stuck to the original pattern .. but I haven't.  I've stitched an additional row of quails & eggs and I want the borders to be wider.  Soooooo ... I'll need to see what I can do with the fabric I have left VS what I want to do.   I may need to come up with some Creative Solutions.  :-)

sueinIL

Jun-18

I love the depth of color that the reds and neutrals bring.  You could never get this range range of color with one fabric, even a batik.

I have 2 questions:  1-- will your quilt be quite heavy?  And 2--how do you quilt these layers (or not)?

I will enjoy seeing your progress!

Sue in IL

judyinohio

Jun-18

Anything I like, it's a hint that you want to see a photo of my progress.  LOL

Here's how seventeen blocks look pinned to my design wall;I plan on creating a total of 42 blocks. I have purchased a pantograph that should look good on this from Urban Elementz which I will stitch in variegated red thread.

https://www.urbanelementz.com/lava-lamp.html

MelRN

Jun-18

Lovely, Judy! Looks like a lot of work! :D