Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 499324 views.
bornblesse2

Jul-16

I spent ALL day making 2 book panels into a backing for a charity quilt and the other into a cloth book for my sons preschool collection.  It always surprises me when things take so long!

here is the front and backing….

and the book!

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jul-16

Interesting pattern.  I wouldn't have thought of it for an I Spy, but it works.  Can't wait to see the finished top. 

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Jul-16

bornblesse2 said:

It always surprises me when things take so long!

Isn't that the truth?!?

Suze (casuzenn) said:

construction (at least for me) looks scary hard

well Suze you were right, I had a mental block last night about how to turn those silly triangles.  I think I had to rip and resew a couple of the 4 patches 3 times.  I finally had to put the pieces on the wall in front of my machine to help me remember the pattern.  fortunately I had only sewn a couple of them before I checked, otherwise I could have done some 30 of them wrong.  geesh.

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-20

oh dear...so sorry I jinxed you!

glad you only did a few of them before you checked

once I got the routine down (and a sample to follow) it went pretty fast.  I'm still deciding on how to lay out.  Lots of possibilities

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-21

cool....looks kinda like ric-rac

bornblesse2

Jul-21

Well, after accomplishing what I needed yesterday, I had some down time and I needed to sit.  So, I put on a movie and guess what I did?

I sorted my strings into colors!  Guess what I am going to do one day?  No surprise….l.I also had something fabric that would be thrown away, so I cut it  into squares for bases for my blocks.

I won’t be starting this as I know it will distract me, but I have a base for getting started some day down the road!

(Truely, I am pushing myself to complete my last 30 Dear Jane blocks.  The applique is slow, but bit by bit I get another block done.)

Suze (casuzenn)

Jul-21

bornblesse2 said:

bit by bit

yup...that works! My Sis says that about settling my parents estate...we are down to the last few accounts (sheesh, Mama had stuff in SOOOOOO many banks and funds...and each one has a different set of forms to fill out and either get a Signature Guarantee stamp or a notary stamp)

Looking forward to seeing what you do with those strings!