Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 610171 views.
5dogmom (CRISR5)

8/14/21

I really like that, but of course I would -- it's blue!

I'm always been fond of the barn raising setting for log cabin blocks.  Your "circle" setting reminded me that I have a 3" log cabin project (in shades of blue) in the works that I haven't pulled out in a while.  A friend challenged me to make it big enough to fit the top of a queen sized bed.  I'm a ways from that ...

Anyway, I really like YOUR blue log cabins!

Cris in MT

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

8/14/21

I guess I missed what Pita is doing with quilts and computers?

judyinohio

8/14/21

Long ago, in the days when we were the About forum (before we became Delphi) there was a couple named Bunny and Joe Filer who had a similar arrangement.  Bunny made the tops and Joe did the quilting.

I don't know which of them did the binding.

For some reason they could not make the transition to Delphi.

Mishii

8/14/21

I bought a new machine. He wanted to add quilt path. I agreed as long as I never had to do it. I’m not fond of actually doing pantos computer or not. I prefer doing custom work and graffiti style stuff. 
So he has spent the last couple of weeks learning the computer and practicing. 

I told him my tops are the best practice pieces ever since you will encounter ALL the problems.  I got home from work one day and he said, “Hey, that one I did today was great. It was square and flat and no open seams. See? You can do good stuff!”  I went and looked at the quilt and had to tell him….yeah, that was Ellen’s. 

I was more amused than him. In my defense, these tops of mine are several years old. I have gotten a *little* better.

Mishii

8/14/21

judyinohio said:

Bunny made the tops and Joe did the quilting.

I prefer quilting over piecing, but I haven’t convinced him to do that part yet. I do the binding because I like that part

Midkid5

8/14/21

The funny part is that I did not think the blocks pretty at all. I knew I would like the top once it is put together cause of a similar project I did a couple years ago.

Jo

That is pretty cool that Pita will do the computer pantos! I just could not envision my DH doing that ever in any senario. When I got my machine in 2006 and the guy was setting it up DH was there and involved in watching etc. After the setup we got a quilt tutorial on how to load and quilt. I had a practice thing already to go for that per prior instructions for the setup. DH did a funky stick figure and called it a day! 

I am like you I have done my share of handguided pantos and just think they are about as fun to do as (insert something you hate doing here). I do love doing freemotion and ruler work on the front of the machine so much more. Now if I ever got a computer I guess I would do the computer pantos and then go do some piecing while the longarm was humming away.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

8/14/21

I like the first one best.  Glad I could contribute. I have more if you need them.relaxed  Blue is my favorite color so not surprised there were a lot of them.  After seeing you color controlled squares and Judy in Ohio's red with lights, I may spend some time sorting my strips by color to make the time pass after my shoulder replacement next Tuesday.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

8/14/21

Mishii said:

People have asked me how I like my new machine

I missed or forgot something.  What machine did you get?  I tried to interest Bob in playing with my long arm but had no success.unamused

Mishii

8/14/21

I went with an APQS Lucey.  With a 14 foot table in case I decide to start quilting circus tents.

He has not embraced the quilting fun. He is now referring to himself as my bobbin bitch. He said today the only reason I’ve gotten him involved is because I get bored watching it stitch. He’s not wrong, but the computer was HIS idea. I knew I wouldn’t use it. The only extra I wanted was some zippers!