Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 506906 views.

I was planning on "forever" when I ordered the pattern.  I thought it was EPP, but I didn't read closely enough.  It is paper pieced.  not English Paper Pieced.  Ah well.  I could make it EPP of course, but that is too much for beginner.  I really really don't want to get into the middle of another forever project that is painful like the one I am forcing myself to finish now.  I have all the petals done, now I'm sewing them into rows.  Aggggrh.  there are SOOOOO many seams at the intersections, I had to get longer pins.  It is all hand pieced, and I'm dreading putting the rows together.  I had shrunk the original pattern which was a MISTAKE.  But I've put so much time into it - and it does look really pretty.  I'm just not enjoying it.  Ah, maybe I need to go find another applique pattern as I know I love that.  decisions decisions.

don't give me too much credit.   I've learned the hard way - as soon as I saw how it was designed I went - nope, been there, done that.  Paper piecing is especially notorious for putting lots of fabric layers in small spaces.

super teeny tiny hexis - yikes

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-22

wow...

I still need to finish my teeny tiny hexie basket. Its around here somewhere.

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-22

Uh.... I think I'll pass on this one!

Agreed, but still interesting to see.

I spent the evening cutting up scraps for MSQC Tiny houses pattern, very simple. Tho kind of wishing I had kept sone of those noodles I recently gave away, they would have worked well. still  I got 50 sets cut from my scrap bin. Those will keep me busy if I get the llamas done too fast at my retreat.

Here's something to go with Marion's llama quilt - not a bad price for a kit.  (But I have never made a latch-hook rug, so I don't know if I could do it without going crazy.  But it IS a cute rug.)  

https://www.amazon.com/Latch-Hook-Rug-Kit-Llama/dp/B08SC2N42X/####?pd_rd_i=B08SC2N42X&psc=1 

hmm, she likes doing latch hook.  might have to snag that for a Christmas present for her.

I am hoping to get the 2016 AZ Retreat bargello quilt off the machine today. Slow progress was made on this. Lesson learned: it is always better to have plan before loading something from a huge bin of tops. It will be great to get this one checked off the UFO list. I am actually making progress and finishing more quilts than I started this year.

I do want to dig into the scrap bins though as they are completely out of control. Not sure how they went from one large bin to 3 large bins and assorted bags......guess that means I have been productive.

Amazon has some other pretty cute llama kits besides that one, but some are a bit more expensive.  I just saw that one in an e-mail newsletter, and then went to Amazon and searched on llama latch hook.  They are so cute that I ALMOST want to do one myself.  haha