Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What Are You Working On Now?   General Discussion

Started 11/19/17 by MarciainMD; 503690 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Sep-24

Linda, those are all absolutely gorgeous!

Midkid5

Sep-24

All of your samples are lovely, really like the scare crow.

Jo

Suze (casuzenn)

Sep-24

that candle mat is lovely!

the woolies are cute...can't wait to see the finished project 

and the block holders are wonderful.

LindaPutt

Sep-24

Thanks Shelley.  I don't have as much time to work at quilting these days so I had to think about what I really wanted to spend that precious time on.  I decided on "slow stitching" (heaven knows I have way more quilts than I'll ever be able to get all quilted and bound), so handwork and things that take more time to complete was my answer.  I decided I wanted to do applique, do hand embroidery, work with wool, do EPP, and do longarm quilting (I don't do too much piecing these days).  So every Wednesday (because I don't have Kingsley that day) I devote to one of these things.  I volunteered to lead a wool group, a handwork group, and a longarm group for the quilting club I'm in.  That way I can not only focus my attention but also get encouragement from others who have those same interests.

I took the most wonderful session of longarm classes during the COVID shutdown by Susan Smith.  She not only taught that but also has many free YouTube videos.  Every other Monday morning she quilts and does a live unscripted video while she's quilting.  I think you'd really enjoy checking some of of her videos out. 

I really like the EPP project you have in process.  It's already stunning.

LindaPutt

Sep-24

Thanks Jo.  He's my favorite too.

LindaPutt

Sep-24

Thanks Suze.  I'm really enjoying "slow stitching" - very relaxing. 

tuckyquilter

Sep-25

I decided to clean up my garage fabric cutting area etc. I need to make it easier to find stuff.  I put the two tables together lengthwise, and that gave me more free space. l can now sew out here if I want, as last year I had that electrical outlet put on the wall, and a nice big light overhead.

latterberry

Sep-26

Looks wonderful!  You are welcome to come organize my sewing room any time!

judyinohio

Sep-26

I like how you used plastic pipe on the table legs to raise the table up so you don't have to bend over while doing your cutting.  Smart move.

The library in downtown San Angelo is a REALLY nice one, and it's a great community resource and center of many activities.  Every few weeks, they set aside their large community event room for crafters who want to come for a crafting get-together day.  Just bring whatever you want to work on, and sit and visit with whoever else comes.  Plenty of room to spread out, as much table space as you need, plenty of electrical outlets, etc.  I have met quilters who do not bring quilting projects, but instead work on needlepoint, embroidery, etc.  There is also knitting, jewelry making, etc.  Yesterday there was one lady making decorations for her son's upcoming wedding, and after she finished that, she worked on some quilt blocks for the quilt she is making for their wedding present.  She is actually the one who works for the library and monitors use of the room and helps people get tables set up, chairs, and whatever else they need.  There is a group of scrapbookers who have kind of adopted me into their group, so yesterday I set up my FW on a table near them and worked on a quilt binding, including making the binding and sewing it onto the quilt.  Those scrapbookers have SO much stuff, I can't believe it.  I suppose if it were fabric instead of paper, their stashes would be almost as big as our fabric stashes.  LOL  

The first photo below is a candid shot somebody took of the corner of the huge event room where we were working.

Then, with regard to the second photo, there was a young lady there with a small group of young teens, and she was giving them some basic sewing lessons, and they were making "fidget blankets" for a nursing home.  I saw a person with a large video camera, and I thought maybe she was videotaping their activity.  But it turns out that the local news was making a little video of them working on the project.  Anyway, I ended up being on the TV news yesterday evening and didn't even know it.  You can't really tell it was me, though - but there I am in the background.  LOL